Nintendo Switch Thread 2020 - Mario Kart DIS Tourneys, Thursdays in December 9pm to 10pm

You may occasionally get an email to say that a number of the games on your wishlist are on sale, but mostly you don’t get notified. You can sign up for alerts on the dekudeals website to send you notifications when your games go on sale, as well as comparing the sale prices with previous sales, which is pretty handy.

2 Likes

Yeah, the casts are great, especially when they’ve been powered up from the purple orbs as you go along. I sometimes get conflicted if I’m offered an upgrade to my cast which doesn’t leave it lodged inside enemies, because I’ll miss that bonus.

I reckon it’s my game of the year also. Am going through and playing some of my other backlog for the time being, but will definitely go back to it again in the future. Just to see if it ever runs out of story, but it doesn’t seem like it will just yet.

That’s why I love the sword. The aspect that makes your special dislodge your casts is amazing. Basically spam cast/special. Doubly amazing if you pick up the Exit Wounds boon that deals damage when the cast is dislodged.

Thought TLOU2 was a dead cert for GOTY until Hades…

1 Like

Hyrule Warriors is an absolute blast

My copy still hasn’t arrived :pensive:

(In the grand scheme of this year, it’s hardly the worst news I’ve had)

Finished Sunshine and now about 40ish stars into Galaxy. Still bloody brilliant isn’t it. So much better without wii waggle controls imo.
Also got Pikmin 3 in the house now too. Mrs TWI loved the demo and bought it for her for Xmas but couldn’t resist letting her play it early. It’s gonna be very good in 2 player I reckon.

2 Likes

Been a while since I played but Asphalt 9 is a great arcadey racer, a lot like Burnout with slow mo crashes and insane boosts and tricks and stuff. The biggest selling point is that it’s free! On the downside it has all the issues with a mobile freemium game, impenetrable systems to unlock upgrades and stuff, but the racing itself is fun, the tracks are good, it feels fast… worth a punt imo.

1 Like

Yup I had a lot of fun with it over a month period for nowt. The free stuff does get suffocating due to all the menus and I didn’t understand what most of them did, but when I realised I’d had a fair bit of fun with it I dropped a few quid on some cards to reward the developers.

Looks bloody great for a free game.

1 Like

Do in hades I had a “call” many runs ago but I don’t seem to have had one since… Am I being an idiot or are they super rare? I’m guessing the former

They are less common than your standard boon yeah. I find they’re worth taking if the other options don’t grab you. I’ve never felt like a call has made the difference between winning/losing an encounter but they can be useful.

1 Like

Looking up guides for 100 coins on rainbow road, this comment did me

4 Likes

This is the coolest trailer I’ve ever seen

Don’t even care that it tells you literally nothing about the gameplay

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Call, and have definitely had them be very useful in occasionally wining battles. Maybe more so further on in the game for the longer fights, as they’re not that necessary (plus I forget about using it!)) if you get them early on in the game. Plus, if you can hold on, it’s best to use the Call when it’s at maximum power as it lasts for even longer that way.

1 Like

Finally someone at Nintendo read my thousands of letters begging for a playable version of this.

4 Likes

Horny flying space RPG?

download

1 Like

Co-op horny flying space RPG!

Is that an invite?

I meant for me and Dr Mrs Epimer but sure, I’ll let her know

Neo: The World Ends With You announced for next year.

1 Like