Nintendo Switch Thread 2020 - Mario Kart DIS Tourney; 1st Jan. Maybe.

Eventually, maybe

It has been web browser vulnerabilities that got wiiu hacked, wii had a few ways Inc sd card methods. Switches from the first year or so all have a hardware vulnerability that leaves them wide open to hacking, no doubt newer models will have something hackers find too.
Not too bothered about no Netflix or whatever. Most telly have the ability out the box. Tablets, phones other consoles etc not really a key feature anymore.

Lost my switch to the wife who now wants to play Puyo all the time. @anon73286315 you owe me a new switch m8

1 Like

4 Likes

Have added my friend code to the listā€¦ If you get a friend request from a Kram at some point, itā€™s probably from this here Kram.

2 Likes

Just completed the Wargroove free DLC and it was a delight. Lovely humour too. Now will go back to the game to get three stars on the new levels, as I got two stars on a few of them (and one star on the last one - for shame!).

As for the Switch overall, Iā€™m generally not too fussed by the proper big games, but the little games on the estore have been great. Iā€™ve never owned/played so many games before. Especially turn-based tactical type games. So many great ones on the Switch:

SteamWorld Heist
Wargroove
Mario + Rabbids
Banner Saga 1, 2, and 3
Into The Breach
Hard West
Valkyria Chronicles

3 Likes

Fire Emblem!

Iā€™ve not looked into that game yet. I was slightly put off after trying the Dragon Quest demo and really not liking it, despite liking it on DS years ago. I assume the games are very different, but Iā€™ve just associated them in my mind, plus itā€™s a fair bit over Ā£15 - Iā€™m sure less than 5-10% of my games cost more than that!
But maybe Iā€™ll watch a review sometime and see if it entices me.

Iā€™ve just remembered that Xenoblade Chronicles HD is out later this year and Iā€™m excited about the thought of some of yā€™all playing it for the first time. Hope it holds up as well as my memories of it do.

Thereā€™s loads on the horizon for Switch Iā€™m excited about, though I wonder how much will emerge before Q4. Top ten you say? From what I can recallā€¦

1. TLOZ: BOTW2
  2. Metroid Prime 4
  3. Bayonetta 3
  4. DOOM Eternal
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles HD
  6. Streets of rage 4
  7. Gods and Monsters
  8. No more Heroes 3
  9. Sports Story
  10. Wonderful 101

Hoping Unto the end gets a port too as that looks awesome.

Iā€™ve just remembered that Xenoblade Chronicles HD is out later this year and Iā€™m excited about the thought of some of yā€™all playing it for the first time. Hope it holds up as well as my memories of it do.

Thereā€™s loads on the horizon for Switch Iā€™m excited about, though I wonder how much will emerge before Q4. Top ten you say? From what I can recallā€¦

1. TLOZ: BOTW2 - no
  2. Metroid Prime 4 - no
  3. Bayonetta 3 - yes
  4. DOOM Eternal - yes
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles HD - yes
  6. Streets of rage 4 - yes (free on gamepass if you have that option)
  7. Gods and Monsters - yes
  8. No more Heroes 3 - yes
  9. Sports Story - yes
  10. Wonderful 101 - out april

Deadly Premonition 2 is out this year if you want to play a game thats Twin Peaks as fuck

Animal Crossing
PokƩmon DLC
Two Point Hospital

I assume Axiom Verge 2 is your bag too

Iā€™m also getting into strategy gamesā€¦I want to check out most games on your list, but there are a few that I donā€™t recognise.

Civilization VI is currently 50% down in e-shop!

I bought Civilization VI at 50% in a precious sale. It took me a while to get to grips with it, but it finally (mostly) clicked. I need to go back to it again, but at the moment Iā€™m preferring more bite sized challenges on comparison.

I think I have bought most (all?) of the games in my list on sake, so they should pop up again on sale sometime soon.

1 Like

I bought civ 6 in the sale having never played a civ game before. So much going on. How long did it take you to get to grips with it?

Steamworld Heist was my first on switch, and started this itch. Want to get Mario + Rabbids in this sale too.

1 Like

Play a small map on easy with 2 enemy civs and play a couple of games and youā€™ll learn that way quite smoothly

1 Like

Cool - thanks :slight_smile:

I think maybe it was partway through the second game? The first tutorial didnā€™t seem to teach me everything I needed to know/understand, but it seemed s bit better when I started a proper game afterwards. But maybe I could just pay attention to the other bits I missed the first time.
Still donā€™t understand half of it though!

The tutorial isnt great. Its good for teaching the bare basics but yeah I always recommend you just jump in and play against easier AI and learn the mechanics naturally