Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

Just spent an hour on BOTW running round Korok Forest catching frogs for a side quest. Enjoyed every second.

7 Likes

Finished Ghostbusters.
Was great fun for £7
Basically a team shooter in the ghostbusters aesthetic and with all the original cast reprising their roles with a script by Ramis and Aykroyd. Basically the third part of the original Ghostbusters lineup trilogy.
The ending was just okay and the stone cherubs on the last level can fuck off but it was a good length of a game and was good fun.
Even just pottering around the firehouse having a snoop was cool.

Just started FF8, Remaster - can already see the characters look much better in this version.
Let’s see how it goes. Have played it in about 20 years.

2 Likes

fuck yeah FF8, the secret best final fantasy!

…maybe

Nah reckon 6, 7 and 9 are all above it and maybe others too.
Junction and draw systems are already a ball ache lol
Looks better than it ever has though and plays real fine.

I like how a lot of it was playing around with f FF tropes, Magic for stats, no need for money, base travelling with you, the crystal being a bad thing rather than good etc. It’s a mess at the end but they were really trying

It’s been so long since I’ve played it some things are hazy and all I’ve done so mare is the aifrit mission.
I remember the colour matching monsters being a real pain tho.
Haven’t played it since PS1 and it was always the awkward middle child of the PS1 ffs for me.
Looking forward to going through.

1 Like

ah the colour monster part is annoying but it’s really only maybe 30 minutes tops, that’s the thing I forget about the old FF games, all the areas individually are pretty short and snappy

1 Like

One of the producers for Bayo 3 have confirmed there SHOULD be an UPDATE this YEAR

I so hope we get that game this year. They love to troll at Platinum so that could mean an email or a full release. Who knows!

A journalist I follow who’s broken a few big Platinum stories hinted there should also be news if you were a fan of Nier and Astral Chain.

Me neither, wish there was more picross, I’ve finished 1 & 2 :sob:

1 Like

I’ve asked about 4 times to be in this list but I must be barred :broken_heart:

Invite sent.
Sorry about that.
Anyone in the group can invite new folks.
They must have been feeling lazy :grinning:

1 Like

Seems to be karting on at 8.30 tonight also.

1 Like

Oh I can add my own entry? Ace. Won’t let me do it on my phone but will get on my laptop later.

Oh aye the lobby code you can enter when you’re in game and go to add tournament. The invite I sent you is for the DM group on here. Accept the invite on here should give access to the chat.

Ah right, sorry, I meant adding my name and friend code to the Google doc so people can add me :blush:

2 Likes

Ah I get ya now.
Yeah you should be able to add yourself okay. My phone asks me to install Google docs tho so aye on pc is probs easier.

Yessssssss

Finally on there, only took me years of complaining that no one would add me to realise I do it myself. Lol. :see_no_evil: