Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

I loved it when it was free for the week. So much so that I’ve been sorely tempted to actually buy it! Been very close recently.

I found the racing, maps and the adventure mode to be so much better than Mario Kart 8DX. I’ve found, bar online, MK8DX to be weirdly lacking when it has so much content. Really flies in the face of my idea that unlockables should be open. Turns out having them open is actually a disincentive.

Wierd that.

1 Like

Don’t suppose you played Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 did you? If so, how does the adventure mode compare to that? I always loved that game much more than MK64.

1 Like

I’ve only played DKR a couple of times a long time ago, but as far as I can remember it’s very similar. Feels a little less ‘adventure-y’ in terms of setting and more race-focused but they’re basically the same thing… A bunch of world’s with 4 races, a boss fight at the end, and then you can go back to do some extra challenges like time trials etc

Been playing Murder By Numbers over the past week, and just completed it. I enjoyed it and it’s Phoenix Wright type story style. I’ve decided I never want to play another Picross game again though. Neverending picrosses!

Could be tempted in that case - will have a look at some gameplay clips. Never played any bandicoot-based silliness before.

Finally ordered myself an SD card after buying BioShock and finding out it was 12.5gb

1 Like

I think @escutcheon said as much but it’s super tight as a racer, really fun and satisfying to play. Possibly better than MK8D although there’s not much in it… back in the day way better than MK64 though IMO.

The loading times are ridiculous but pretty great apart from that

1 Like

Feel nervous being so enthusiastic about a game in case you get it and hate it, but if you like kart racers it’s a good un

1 Like

Absolute bargain

Not played it yet, but it’s bought and ready to go. Heard insanely positive things about it and it’s a really original concept

1 Like

Nice - had my eye on this. Downloading into the backlog…

1 Like

Slightly late to the party but Mario vs Rabbids is way more fun than it has any right to be. I love it.

7 Likes

Bet this is the new, upgraded model

cant wait for the real Super Meat Boy 2 announcement

1 Like

Yesss, come on Bakugan Champions of Vestroia 2 announcement :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Can I just shock you? I like indie games.

1 Like

Me too!

Hoping for a Silksong update, obvs

I dont reckon you’ll see that until a proper direct tbh

1 Like

Neither do I in all honesty. But I can dream…

There have been a lot of rumours (again) about ms and nintendo expanding their relationship

I’ve been ignoring them because it feels like it’s been going on forever then Halos Instagram account did this

3 Likes

Hope its not just master chief coming to smash

1 Like