Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

I adore my switch. But the reason I do is that I can plug it into the telly for when the kids are playing it and for the awesome games.

I couldn’t get a lite. It makes sense absolutely but… It just doesn’t have the main reason I love the switch - it’s flexibility.

1 Like

Did anyone pick up the cloud version of Control? I only have played the wee demo. Mate of mine considers it to be brilliant and he has it on gamepass

Apparently it does but I haven’t had any issues.

Sale on!

Dragon Quest XI S is £25, is this a game I’d play more than once? Otherwise I’ll hunt down a cheap used copy

1 Like

Bomberman R is £7.

1 Like

I think @anon73286315 has played it multiple times - how likely are you to play through a 90+ hour JRPG several times?

There’s a free demo which is the first 10 hours of game if you want a good taste. I played that then got a physical copy.

Good idea. Thanks

Nearly finished BOTW then I’ll give Skyrim another crack.

Transistor is 3 quid, sale ends today. Not sure how it compares to Hades but for £3 I couldn’t not.

Picked up Two Point Hospital in the sale. Looking forward to giving that a go.

Played a bit of The Messenger, which is both annoying and entertaining me. Also gone back to Diablo III, which remains very relaxing for a game about smashing up monsters. Doing to greater rifts while listening to podcasts/music is fast becoming my happy place.

1 Like

Bastion is also cheap as chips at the minute (same people), and is great fun. Had Transistor since probably last year’s new year sale, still lurking in the backlog :blush:

3 Likes

I bought Transistor and Bastion at the same time when they both cost less than a pint, Bastion was great but Transistor has remained in the backlog, and now I have Hades too.

1 Like

Same- I’m not a gym goer, but my activity levels have dramatically dropped the past year, and I feel like I’ve ground to a halt

2 Likes

Professor Layton is in the sale for £17 as opposed to £36 at the moment too.

Can also recommend Shrouded Isle too- Wicker Man strategy game where you have to decide which villagers to sacrifice. Better played on the tv though, because there’s some small text

2 Likes

That shrouded isle thing looks fab! Still seems to be full price though, maybe I’ll wait for a sale but I’m a massive sucker for that lovecraft aesthetic.

I bought that in the sale (that ended at NYE I think). Maybe it was 50% off? It’s added in the backlog anyhow.

Can’t believe I forgot about the pre-new year sale and didn’t get Horace for £1 :pleading_face:

Give it a few months it will almost certainly come back on sale, once games have been discounted once they just enter an endless cycle of it

2 Likes

We completed Streets Of Rage 4 last night. Good, punchy fun, although I was hoping for an end animation or something.

3 Likes

Noticed in the 2020 round up video on the Nintendo news feed they mention they’ll be 4 more Partner Directs through the year.

Still no mention of a full one though. Fun fact. It has been 487 days since the last general Nintendo Direct, which was on September 4th, 2019. So you’d HOPE there was one planned in sometime in Q1.