Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

There is a short clip doing the rounds of what is possible if you break the intended order of upgrades and get to him with bombs. Amazing they not just accounted for it, but even have it as a quick kill strategy with accompanying cutscene.

You can tell this game is a proper labour of love.

2 Likes

Very very thankful that the game has an extremely generous parry window, as I completely suck at parrying across the board

1 Like

Agreed. My downfall in every From Software game.

The window is nice and open here (with the exception of the robots, which is very tight by design).

1 Like

I’ve played through a few sections last night where I thought ‘Man, this is PROPERLY like Hollow Knight…’

2 Likes

I definitely think some inspiration has seeped in to this from indie platformers/metroidvanias, greatly to the games benefit. Celeste feels like a definite touchstone to me, Dead Cells too.

1 Like
1 Like

Order cancelled.

I really think Switch successor needs to be called Switch 2. If ever there was a time to just stick to the formula and update the hardware with a few new quirks its now. Obviously it will be called The Nintendo Bongo Box or something instead.

4 Likes

Nintendo New Switch™SwitchU

5 Likes

Swiitch

3 Likes

sWiitchbox Series X

1 Like

Some kind of Oculus VR type thing called the ‘Switch UP’ which looks like an accessory for the Switch, but is actually a self-contained console. Launched with Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars VR followed by an excruciating 6 month break until Mario Kart VR is released. No other flagship franchises make an appearance on the system. 800,000 units sold.

1 Like
1 Like

Wonder how many copies it takes to get in the top 10 of the wii u eshop today

5 Likes

Also mad how actually decent the Wii U virtual console is. I remember when a Netflix style Nintendo game subscription thing seemed like the answer to our prayers. Seems foolish now, very foolish.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the one. Impossible!

I definitely got the balloon level one because I remember being annoyed that there was one more door than key then finding the shortcut.

Dashing between screens isn’t a glitch. I think you need to do that to get some strawberries.

1 Like

only just started playing Metroid for the last 20 mins and holy crap this is great.

1 Like

same gonna remain spoiler free because even from a tiny amount of playing this i am fully in love

it reminds me more of Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow than anything else. But with an added sense of menacing threat. I am so happy.

I’m on (what must be) the final boss of Dread. Only gave it one go and was completely battered. Will head back out into the world and mop up some collectibles first, some areas I’m still less than 50% in items found.

I haven’t been this hooked by a game in a very long time.

1 Like

Absolute arsehole EMMI in artaria. Fuck this guy