Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

Could always splurge on a huuuuuge sd card.
Edit: or swap a few smaller ones like carts

1 Like

Mine is already pretty big (I’m not sure how big, I bought my Switch second hand and it came with it), and I have plenty of space on the system too, it’s just a matter of neatness that annoys me. I’m never going to play most of those games again and can easily make room if needed, just wish there was a way to clearly mark it.

I guess it is due to Japanese being traditionally written vertically and read right to left?

Perhaps, but I think it’s more likely that it made sense for the primary action button on the NES controller to be the one on the right from an ergonomic point of view, and it also makes sense for it to be labelled A rather than B. Then once you add X and Y it makes sense for them to be right-to-left given the previous buttons already are.

and when your partner is learning to play a game and you’re using a Nintendo controller on a non-Nintendo game and it’s like “press A but actually press B”

Haha

Yeah the primary button should be labelled A for sure. I am playing the game you’re not supposed to mention on Switch and the confirm action is mapped to B, very annoying. But I don’t really see the secondary button being on the left as ergonomically superior, quite the opposite. I guess if you grew up playing SNES it would be second nature.

The buttons on that game are completely counter-intuitive, it hates and alienates you from the very start.

1 Like

I think these days it probably isn’t ergonomically superior tbh - the XBone layout is probably superior for modern controllers - but on the NES it almost certainly was and I don’t think it’s surprising that Nintendo would choose to maintain layout over changing it.

they fucked it up on Mario Odyssey by making jump A or B

N64 - wrong side but at least the secondary button was above instead of below. GameCube back to front and upside down, but at least the primary button was bigger.

Just spent ten minutes on the Hitman III trial. Works pretty well - fast to get in, no concerns on responsiveness, maybe a tiny bit framey on occasion but nothing horrific or unplayable.

Went to have a look at maybe buying… £51.99 for the standard version and £74.99 for the deluxe (which doesn’t include the Hitman 1/2 DLC pack).

I’ll wait.

Fucking hell. Bet it doesn’t even have Link in it.

Might be in the digital art book?

1 Like

Holy fuck. That’s… Serious cash for a cloud game I’m basically renting. Wow.

1 Like

This is my opinion so apologies if it offends anyone but…

Anyone paying £75 to effectively rent a game, which will always require an Internet connection, hosted on servers that will be switched off when the game is no longer profitable (and that could be fairly soon for all we know) has too much money and fuck all common sense.

2 Likes

I think that if this is going to be a normal thing going forward, Nintendo should be hosting the game indefinitely really.

Don’t think their hosted on Ns servers and for Control at least they’ve said servers will be powered off whenever they fancy but that you’d get a heads up.
Even if it was hosted forever… £75 for a Hitman game that you always need Internet access for and will never own.
Nah

Got fire emblem coming in the post. The most recent one I’ve played was the Sacred Stones, from 2004 (!!), well exciting

4 Likes

Nah, I agree. I’d probably have bitten at £20-30, but £50+ is way too steep for something that you’ve got no guarantees over existing this time next year, let along in 3 or 5 years time. Needs a guarantee on how long the servers’ll be available and/or a lower price than other platforms to reflect the fact you’re not buying the game… it’s the Stadia problem.

2 Likes