Nintendo Switch Thread 2021

Tropical Freeze is fine. It felt a bit soulless and isn’t as good as Rayman or Celeste but is at least 10 times better than new super Mario which is awful

I’d give it a 7?

I haven’t played any other DK game either. Well, I bought DKCR on Wii but the waggle controls were so bad I never made it past the first level.

I just found once I got into the flow, it was mesmerising stuff. This video sums up what I loved about it. I think it has some of the toughest and best bosses in a platformer too. Gave me a huge feeling of accomplishment beating it.

Might feel a bit sluggish now in a world of instant restarts post-Celeste / Super Meat Boy I guess. But I just think it’s about as close to a videogame Pixar film as you can get (alongside Rayman Legends).

1 Like

It’d be interesting to go back to it now though and see how it holds up.

The inertia and momentum felt a bit heavy early stages but once I got used to it, I really liked it.

1 Like

Aye absolutely! I’ve always scratched my head as to why it’s great but not amazing. Well put!

I’m really enjoying playing Dadish which absolutely objectively is not a great game (think it might have been a free mobile game originally?)

It’s a very standard platformer with all the usual trappings but it’s bright and cheerful and cost me a quid and I spent an hour playing it in handhold whilst on the phone to my mum. What the switch is great at in other words.

1 Like

Mushihimesama is absolutely cracking :+1:

who or what is baldo

Long awaited cute looking action RPG I think?

can’t tell if it looks legit or not. is it?

It’s an indie that’s had a fair bit of hype based on an early trailer iirc, but has been long delayed. Looks nice, idk

1 Like

I’ve never beaten them, got very very close once out of maybe 30+ attempts? But gave up in the end.

Definitely worth a go, guessing you’ve tried already but that little intro and the setting is jaw dropping.

1 Like

One of my most satisfying gaming moments beating that sucker, but it was bastard hard. More phases than is necessary.

1 Like

Atomicrops is six quid at the moment. Weird genre mashup between farming game and twin stick shooter. Enjoyable.

Just completed the first level in TPH and quite enjoyed it. Will play a little bit more today and tomorrow/up until the free trial ends, although I haven’t decided whether I’ll want to buy it or not. I can imagine buying it and then getting my fill of it pretty soon after.

I am on the fifth hospital and am loving it. Seriously, brilliant. I’m probably going to have to buy it tbh

1 Like

My feelings are that it’s EXACTLY the same as Theme Hospital which is a good thing but idk if I can justify buying it when I already played TH to death. Does it do anything different in the later levels out of interest?

1 Like

Not there yet. So far, so Theme Hospital.

The kicker is for me that I want to play theme hospital. So it’s a win win for me! Haha.

It’s exactly what I wanted. So happy to get a trial, and it’s sold me on it.

1 Like

If you got this far you might as well. It’s easier than a couple of the bosses you’ve already beaten anyway. Soul Something and Zote were harder for sure.

Oh. I’d forgotten about that.

1 Like

have enjoyed two point hospital this week as well. does anyone know if the save file carries over if you get the physical jumbo version?

Just starting a second game of it now, and when I click on the game icon it tells me that you will be able to continue playing where you left off if you purchase the software.

Tldr: Yes

1 Like