Nintendo Switch Thread 2024

I decided to skip Castlevania for just now and bought Disco Elysium instead. Have managed to avoid reading much about it but seen lots of praise, so looking forward to getting into it.

Thanks - bought this too and it’s already an enjoyable game to play with the kids.

1 Like
1 Like

Doing some rearranging. Waluigi and Tingle are boyfriends now.

7 Likes

Look the ninte do games thing where a 5 outta ten gets a 9 outta 10 is a bit of a goof n all but from what ive seen of pokemon…

1 Like

Was just about to buy Disco Elysium in the sale but I’m having second thoughts as I’m also buying a pretty high spec PC over the coming weeks and wondering if I should play it on there instead. Heard there are some performance issues on Switch, and suspect it might not be an ideal handheld game?

Played it on PlayStation so can’t comment on that but I think handheld Disco Elysium would be sick if it was functional since most of it is basically reading.

I’ve only played an hour or so since buying it a few days ago but apart from a very long initial load, performance has been fine and I think it suits playing handheld pretty well tbh.

1 Like

Bought Hoa for a few quid.

1 Like

Xenoblade 3 is pretty good, eh? Wasn’t sure about the whole switching class thing for each character, felt like a faff - but it’s making a lot more sense to as the game goes on.

4 Likes

If they sort the aim/camera system out, this could be amazing

Anyone want a cheap copy of Ring Fit?

Now you’ve reached day 5, if you head to Pelican Town in the morning the game will open up the overarching quest for you which should give you some direction.

But the main gameplay loop without spoiling what’s coming up is just

• do your chores on the farm
  • explore and speak to people to find out other things you can do/get mini quests. See what’s in each building etc.

Do invest in seeds early on and try out multiple crops, but bear in mind the plants will die on the first day of the season. So for example, given parsnips take 4 days to grow, there’s no point in planting them after the 24th of Spring.

Can give clearer pointers if you need, but don’t want to spoil up front :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought Disco Elysium on Switch in the end. Played a couple of hours last night, enjoying the semi obscure references to Sea Power songs :slight_smile:

Pretty sure I’ve blundered just about everything possible so far though haha

2 Likes

Been a while, but IIRC when you open up your inventory there’s a bunch of tabs across the top. Crafting is inside one of those. The other tabs are useful as well to keep track of relationships, quests etc.

1 Like

I’m absolutely loving it. Playing as a grotesque intellectual with zero savoir faire and just seeing what happens. Haven’t died yet, which is surprising!

Yeah I went for a custom empath with no physical strength. Died after 1 min but not since, although did hit a bug where a dialogue finished and the end button never popped up, leaving me completely stuck. Luckily it was just after an autosave.

How much & is it suitable for kids?

£20 and yeah, I think so… I don’t have kids, do you mean will they find it fun or is it unsafe in terms of plastic parts they can choke on? The minimum age user rating is apparently 7.