Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Finished Rabbids yesterday, thought the difficulty curve was pretty much perfect - one of the best of any game I’ve played. Was always challenging, but never so much that I wanted to stop playing. Might go back to completely 100% it at some point.

But I finished it just as Stardew Valley got released, and RIP any spare time. I played a little when it was on PC but a few friends got super obsessed with it, which means I know just enough to keep persevering but little enough that it’s all quite new and interesting. It’s the perfect time-sink.

To be honest mate the physical will be cheaper to buy but Fifa games value traditionally plummet once the new version is out.
Dont think I’ll get anything else for the next while. Mrs is playing Picross and Im playing away at Fifa and the SNES Mini plus with 3 weeks to Mario I don’t want to get something I’ll only be distracted from in no time at all.
A Nintendo system with too many great games coming out in the first 6/7 months!

2 Likes

Got Stardew Valley for the plane to find out what you lot are banging on about. Tempted to go crazy and buy a couple of others too…

1 Like

got myself a switch a few days ago with the requisite zelda + mario kart duo, but loving the sound of some of these indie games. my question to you guys - although they are getting rave reviews, how do they actually compare to the games of the 16 bit era? would they stand toe to toe with the classics on the snes or would they have been also-rans in that age?

1 Like

Usually more substantial than the games from that era just usually have the same aesthetic.

2 Likes

Yeah they’re largely all great. Share the aesthetic but none of the game ending bugs or ridiculous difficulty curves. Plenty of good stuff on there.

You can search the store by category so worth having a trawl through to see what you’re after.

1 Like

all sounds very promising. lovers in a dangerous spacetime looks right up my alley.

Any tips would be appreciated. How can I buy some seeds for example? And should I save up wood and stone or flog it?

That game really needs 2 - 4 people (4 ideally)

Keep it, you’ll need it for people to build add ons and upgrades for ye farm. And its not worth much, will be worth puttiing the odd bit here and there in the sale box but for the most part I store it. Try to chop up 300 wood pieces first and fix the bridge on the beach, the reason is because it gives you access to the rock pools and every day coral and other bits wash up there which you can sell for early money.

Dust: An Elysian Tale creator announced new game… which appears to be a metal gear parody

Cheers. Yeah I saw that earlier. Still trying to figure the controls out. Not coming naturally to me yet!

Demo of Spelunker Party now available.

3 Likes

So either FIFA18 on the Switch is selling INSANELY well or they didn’t make enough copies. Have spent the past 3 days checking out stores and online but haven’t managed to find a single physical copy within the M25. Tempted to succumb and drop £54 on it BUT I know with Mario round the corner, that’s probably a huge waste.

Suspect it’s a bit of both. Launch week sales in Japan beat LIFETIME sales of every previous Fifa on a Nintendo system. Suspect EA were afraid of a mountain of unsold carts so if more people go digital it’s easier and more profitable for them.

Thimbleweed Park is great for all the reasons Monkey Island and it’s ilk were and also irritating as hell for similar reasons. So often I know what to do but have to use the hint line as I need to activate a sequence for it to occur with a particular character or at a specific point in time.

Really charming game and incredibly smart at times, but I’d forgotten how maddeningly stubborn these point n click games are.

Apparently a Netflix app is ready and will go live soon

4 Likes

Lovely stuff.

Really enjoying it. Not used the hint app yet, but have no idea how far through it I am and am probably moving at a glacial pace.

1 Like