Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

nice! I missed that thanks

Do games update automatically?

I assume so, but I don’t own a Switch, so can’t confirm!

1 Like

So Rocket League is insanely good, eh? Stayed up for hours last night playing it.

• 3 months away
1 Like

Is ittle dew 2 out yet? That would probably good for your Zelda itch

Got it downloaded. Will hopefully play tonight, have only played it at mates houses so looking forward to getting stuck into it properly (and playing them online)

:goal_net::soccer::red_car::blue_car::rocket:

1 Like

You get prompted when you start it. At least that’s what happened with Zelda.

1 Like

What do we reckon about L.A. Noire?

Hoping I can pick it up for cheap one day. Really can’t justify to myself paying full wack for this or Skyrim

I have both on PC but quite like the idea of handheld versions.

Never played either. More intrigued by Skyrim tbh but would like to support the developers. Think I’ll wait for Xenoblade reviews and focus on Mario, DOOM and Rocket League then get one or two of these for the Christmas holiday. Though we may have Zelda DLC by then!

Are either of them good games? Concept of LA Noire intrigued me, but don’t feel like I know many people who really enjoyed it as a game? And Skyrim gets such raver reviews from some, but I fear it’ll feel archaic after BOTW?

I think it is great, flawed in a few ways but still great. I love Noir though so bear that in mind as a caveat.

I don’t think you could really play it and not be impressed at what it’s going for even if it doesn’t fully achieve it.

2 Likes

Hopefully Rockstar won’t give up on the Switch if it flops and were just using it to test the water

1 Like

This is what I’m worried about, it’s the wrong title for them to be using it as a water test IMO

1 Like

True, but I also meant, maybe it was cheap and easy to port and therefore made sense to them. Have they published much else other than GTA V and Red Dead since the release of LA Noire? Possibly not expecting huge sales either as I don’t remember it being a runaway success in the first place.

Yeah, I’m not sure why it would have been cheaper/easier though given they’re using the same engine for all of them

Guess GTA V is a massive game and has online and shit, would have to be packaged in a very expensive game card or with a massive download. Dunno, just guessing here tbh

Yeah that’s what I fear too. Third parties need to develop for the platform and not just port easy things.

For example, on Wii U, no one wanted to buy Mass Effect 3 - a story driven game missing parts 1 &a2 - months after release when for the same price you could buy all 3 on other platforms. Whereas people bought ZombiU and Rayman Legends because they were made for the device.

Make games that suit the machine. I’d genuinely rather see good ports of 360 era games than shoddy current titles.