Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I feel as a Nintendo fan who never got into them properly until the Wii, that I should be all over this. But I love the portability of the Switch so much that I just don’t think I’d ever play it. Suspect these games will come to the console next year anyhow.

In my house they get used at the same time - one person on the mini and the other using Switch in handheld mode

I’m a couple of hours in. It’s such a good game. I put about 120 hours into the PS3 version (which is probably 3x more than any other game ever). Being able to explore that world again whilst lying in bed is amazing.

I’m going to hit it hard tomorrow evening and Sunday afternoon. I pounded 200 hours on PC and am very much looking forward to another run.

1 Like

Tried to take on some strong bandits in a ruined keep near Winterhold which I was just way too underpowered for. Gonna go chat to the Jarl and progress the main story a bit then come back to it.

There’s a lad in Riverwood trying to spread #fakenews about an elf who fancies the same girl as him, definitely gonna grass.

I keep picking up every bit of loot after murdering people and end up fast travelling back to Riverwood to sell it to the trader. Might have to be a but more judicious, but I love gold!

1 Like

Yeah, I never finished the main quest last time because I couldn’t stay away from the sidequests and lovely loot.

There’s all sorts of shit going down in Riverwood. I Jack Reacher’d my way through that place. Very satisfying.

thinking of trading in my switch now, I’ve played Zelda and Mario so that’s probably it for essential titles.

Wonder what I’d get from Game

184.50 as cash or 205 for voucher. Games would bump it up of course.

it’s such a great bit of kit but I need the money…dilemma :frowning:

I know the feeling. You could get way more if you go through the agg of Gumtree et al.

seems like zelda and mario are about £25 a pop to trade in!

The console is trading around 250/260 on Gumtree. With the two games you could dress it up for 300 and I’m sure it’d go pretty swiftly.

cba packaging everything up nicely etc really.

Sounds like the difference is around 50 quid, I probably just save the inevitable stress and go in store.

1 Like

They won’t go down. Nintendo titles keep their value like nothing else.

This is why it’s always worth buying physical copies of them. Although saying that, they’re also the ones you instantly regret selling and will crave playing through again in a year’s time.

3 Likes

yeah doubt I’ll ever play zelda again but I could see myself wanting to run through mario odyssey in a couple of years

1 Like

Battlechef Brigade is great guys. Such a clever concept for a puzzle game. Basically it’s master chef the anime with a clever match 4 game to simulate cooking battles.

You chose your ingrediants based on the taste of the judges. OH and the writing and story is really good and fun.

‘When hunting for ingredients you need to be at one with your body. Press Y For Physical Attacks, Press X For Magic Attacks and drink alcohol for panic attacks’

Excellent wee indie game, so much personality.

Haven’t had a console in years, but I think the portability plus how pretty/fun Zelda, Mario Odyssey and Rayman Legends look has convinced me.

Haven’t got a telly though, so will probably only ever play it handheld. Any games that are maybe not worth considering if they’re only being played portable? The Xenoblade Chronicles 2 review has got me a bit worried…

Just downloading worms and rocket league now :+1:

I like the look of LA Noire for £30ish, but Rayman Legends isn’t letting me play anything else