Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

A few take downgrades visually, like Rocket League, but it’s never bothered me yet. Played every game so far both handheld and portable and it’s been fine.

Only titles I can see being an issue without a TV are things like Jackbox Party, 1-2-Switch and Just Dance that are based more around it.

1 Like

Can’t imagine DOOM is all that in portable?

I’ve played it handheld a bit, but have seen a few people saying they struggle with it in this mode

That makes sense, the deadzone in the joycons analog sticks is pretty big and not really ideal for twitchy shooter such as Doom.

Check out @Nintendo2Day’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Nintendo2Day/status/934855336975937536?s=09

I can almost smell that Dark Souls port…

1 Like

Oh please oh please oh please

Cyber monday deal in case anyone needs a memory card

Anyone fancy an online game of rocket league tonight?

• In
  • Out
  • Shake it all about

0 voters

Lemme know what time suits

90% in

This sounds good except:

1. I’m out tonight
  2. I promised myself NOT to spaff a load of money up the wall until I’ve played the games I already own.

This is from both of us x

Can probably get on about 10-10:30.

Does anyone else always just use the Joy Cons with the wrist straps attached all the time when playing docked? Don’t know why anyone would want to go with the single controller.

I’ve mostly gone for single controller when docked and attached to the sides of the screen when handheld. Have occasionally taken advantage of the flexibility though.

Not sure why I’m using them that way though.

Never used the wrist straps once :smiley:

But I often play with detached joy con. It feels much more relaxed

You might accidentally throw them across the room!

Those are the words of someone who hasn’t been using Wiimotes since December 2006 - other than one occasion that first Christmas, I have NEVER hit the ceiling or anything else with a single handed controller, yet I’ve never had to use the wrist straps to achieve that flawless record. In contrast to @he_2’s old Playstation controllers which were often launched across the room.

2 Likes

I have done for some games yeah. One of the main reasons I loved the Wii so much was the lazy way you could game on it! Most people picture using that console as standing up waving your arms around; I sat on my arse every night using it.

Doesn’t work for all games but for Rabbids, Thimbleweed Park and Odyssey it’s great.

1 Like

I’m doing it on Skyrim and it’s absolutely fine. I love not being constrained by where my hands are in relation to each other.

Rayman Legends and Mario Rabbids are 1/3 off on the US estore