Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Both belters, those two games for anyone who hasn’t played then before.

Was going to get the physical of Mario Rabbids, but for £30 the digital seems a fair price

1 Like

I got about 40 hours enjoyment out of it and never touched the DLC or Super Hard challenges.

WiFi is down :sob:

1 Like

I would love to use separate joycons but I just find them way too small to use effectively. I did this with the Wii/nunchuck and loved it but joycons I just can’t feel comfortable with unless it’s a really simple game. Mario I just immediately turn into some kind of novice.

another time then!

Do you slide the black bits on?

yeah, still feels odd

I think it’s because of how thin they are

1 Like

Cereal amiibo?! I’ll stick with my wooly Yoshi thanks.

still can’t imagine ever buying an amiibo or even grasping what they’re meant to do

1 Like

But just look at them!

They’re mostly best treated as figurines that tend to have a very modest use in some games. My Yoshi one lets you dress a Mii up in a Yoshi suit in MK8, wonders off to get hints on where moons are in SM Odyssey or lets me save my stats in Smash Bros.

A few are treated a little more like DLC; I think there was a bit of controversy over a Zelda one and a couple of Metroid ones that basically locked additional content behind them, requiring the amiibo to access additional trials or mini games, that kind of thing. Those ones are NOT fun and generally suck big hairy monkey balls.

3 Likes

I’ve got two of them, both given to me as presents, that have been useful in Odyssey for locating tricky-to-find moons. They’re nice little things in and of themselves - really detailed and well made. I’d never buy loads of them, but they’re fun.

2 Likes

Reckon if I had a kid, I’d get them loads of those things. That knitted Yoshi is adorable

1 Like

Im hoping that if its the box I can just take my switch to the supermarket and scan it there :man_shrugging: (if they sell it in the UK)

Finally completed BOTW today. Such a glorious game. I knew with Xenoblade coming and general Christmas feastings it was time to stop dragging it out and storm the castle.
On the shelf it goes now for a good while until I’ve forgotten enough to dive in again.

1 Like

How many hours did ye do?

65ish. Did just under 90 shrines and enough seeds to stop being annoyed at the carry limitations.
I contemplated doing all shrines before pushing on, but do fancy a 2nd play through at some stage so would like some fresh moments.
I’m sure there is loads of the map I’m yet to see too.

1 Like

well there’s the DLC too. Also, DLC 1 will put your taken route on the map so you’ll see exactly how much you’ve missed. I covered as much as I could and it took me 160 hours, all shrines, about 200 seeds. I imagine though it could be a more fun experience to blitz through it in less. My thoroughness wasn’t always a fun approach.

1 Like