Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

If they could sell even 75% of that I think they’d pretty much equal Wii U’s lifetime sales

Yup it took the WiiU 4 years to sell 13.5million units

Splatoon 2 Beta available to download in prep for test event next weekend

For those of you who haven’t played Splatoon, I strongly recommend getting onboard with the test event - it’s undoubtedly the most fun thing from the Wii U, so well worth a go to see if it scratches an itch for you or not.

2 Likes

Just got to the tower next to the forest, looking at the map and I like that they’ve named bits Lake Saria and Mido Swamp <3 also there’s Mekar Island… shouldn’t that be Makar?

^ This. Best game on Wii U. Or at least it was until a week ago…

Guys it’s happening!

From Kotaku

Pokemon on the go with Nintendo Switch could soon be a reality after it was spotted that Pokemon developer Game Freak has posted two listings for new jobs that seem to indicate that they’re looking to develop a new Pokemon game for the Switch.

The job listings were first noticed by website Silicon Era and the first job asks for 3D CG designers for a console project which begins by telling prospective applicants:

“Here’s a chance to work on the development of a globally popular RPG!”

If that wasn’t obvious enough it also goes on to say that the designer will be tasked with creating “cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models."

The second job going is also pretty on the nose, with Game Freak looking to hire character modellers for a new title, however in this case the job specifically mentions that they should have experience working on models at the level of Wii U and PS Vita.

It’s possible that Game Freak could be looking to bring Pokemon Sun and Moon to the Switch, or who knows, maybe a new Pokemon game altogether.

A sequel set in Kanto + Johto 20 years on + new islands to dick about in please.

2 Likes

Looks like my case and screen protectors have “gone missing in the post”…

Anyone got any other recommendations for decent ones?

POKEMON SOUP AND SANDWICH CONFIERMD

1 Like

Orzly have it nailed I think, both with the case and the tempered glass screen protectors.

Bah, that’s not what I wanted to hear…

This is good news:

Titles sums up the article but also - if people are having issues with their joycon, they can be sent to Nintendo who will fix it and send it back within a week. Well, seems like they’re doing that in the USA but I imagine they’ll do it everywhere too?

I really resent that real-world-adult stuff is preventing me from getting a switch until much later in the year.

2 Likes

The wait is killing me. Have penciled in a mid-May purchase when I finish a load of deadlines :cold_sweat:

I saw this, it’s quite interesting. The “fix” they did on this guys joycon is to add some RAM (radio absorptive material) I think. This is normally used to absorb unwanted wireless signals. However, they have put it next to the antenna, which obviously needs to see wireless signals not be shielded from them. My guess is that the material is only absorbing unwanted interference signals (possible made worse by the proximity of this metal can) as this material often only works over a specified frequency range.

But then even more interesting is his newly bought joycon, which works and is presumably a newer batch with a design fix in, doesn’t have this material in there. So there my guess is that the design fix is a board level component /connection change, and that adding this RAM material is a simple low risk fix for older batch joycons that get returned.

Either way if I decide my joycons need fixing I have some of this RAM material at work I can use…

There you go…

It was an interference issue, hence the absorption material needed to make it work.

1 Like

I’ve only used the joy controllers in the handheld mode, where I assume it doesn’t cut out as much as when separated from the screen. I’ve had no problems so far but is there a way to test if yours is a bit dodge?

It won’t show at all in handheld mode as it is not working wirelessly then. Best way to tell is to go through the joycon stick calibration in the Switch option menu. Try it at various distances form the Switch, obscuring the controller, and see if it is being unresponsive onscreen.

1 Like

well actually it could do it in handheld mode if you were using the joycons undocked with the Switch on the kickstand, but you’d have to be quite far away and then you wouldn’t be able to see the screen…

1 Like

Really, really wish I’d just bought one of these now. Barely played Zelda all week on the Wii U, but I can see there have been several occasions where a Switch would have allowed me to. Seems those who have one are struggling to go back to a home console now.

Really hope a few third party games emerge. Even some classic Xbox360 ports like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Dark Souls and Arkham Asylum would probably sell gangbusters.