Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

There was the rumour that Dark Souls had been running on it fine as a test. If Bayo 3 gets made I think we’ll get ports of the first two like how they brought 1 to Wii U when 2 was released. Even if they don’t get physical releases I’d be happy. Now that Arkham City has actually been knocked into a cohesive state I’d be happy for a port of that - heck an Arkham Collection would be great.

I really think there’ll be a market there for them. Not millions admittedly, but if porting them is as easy as the Indies and Unreal team are saying, why not make them £20 digital only releases?

If GTAV, Last of Us and Tomb Raider can all shift loads of copies on PS4 about a year after they came out with no real reworking, then surely the option to play Dark Souls anywhere, anytime is a big draw for fans of that series.

To be honest I haven’t played any of the Dark Souls games but if they’re as good as everyone says and I can play them at home or on the go for a fair price then I’ll bite. If Nintendo and third parties can actually get on well for a change I’d imagine it has the potential to become the choice console for some multiplat games. That’s why I hope EA don’t fuck up FIFA. If they do a good job it could be a real success and possibly be a system seller to a certain crowd.

There needs to be some kind of middle ground. We all know that new machines take time to develop on but a lot of the third party attitude to Wii U really did suck.

Stripped down, DLC-less, half finished ports of 2 year old £10 360 games that would cost you £50 on Nintendo. That’s why I didn’t get on board with a lot of them.

But when people did it well (Rayman Legends, ZombiU, AC:Black Flag, Deus EX:HRDC) I was all over them.

2 Likes

Agreed with this. Dark Souls on the go appeals to me a lot more than the console versions which I’ve never tried. And Fifa could be fantastic for this system! Hopefully EA don’t rush it out with half the features of the PS4/Xbox One version, which is unfortunately quite likely.

I’m quite interested in getting Skyrim too which feels a little daft because it’s getting on a bit now, but be being able to have a run around that familiar world on my commute is really appealing.

I don’t want the Switch to just be ports of the better third party games from the past few years, but there’s a lot of great stuff that could work well on it. The Witness, Don’t Starve, X Com 2 and things of that ilk (where the gameplay can be broken down into 20 minute chunks) would all be a great fit. The issue being the time/money it would take developers to do it.

So tough to say whether in 2/3 years the Switch will have smashed it’s potential or be the Wii U 2…

1 Like

Reckon they’ll be sitting up and taking notice for FIFA tbh, especially for Ultimate Team or whatever they’re calling it, that’s their enormous cash cow isn’t it, can’t see them not milking it for all it’s worth for an on-the-go market

Let’s hope! It’s a shame that Pro Evo games haven’t been on Nintendo consoles for years now, as it gives EA less incentive to make a better game. And I would happily take a decent Pro Evo on the Switch!

I think Skyrim will do pretty well all told. I know it’s been about for a bit and even the new remaster will have been out the best part of a year before Switch gets it but once eveyone has completed Zelda and want something in the same general vein…here’s Skyrim!
I actually have high hopes for Fifa and I see Nintendo had ads up at the Germany v England match so obviously trying to court that demographic. I hope Fifa sells a shtload on Switch if only in the hope EA will double down on support and we get some Star Wars games on there :wink:

1 Like

I never play FIFA on my PS4, frankly don’t enjoy it in the slightest but can see myself getting absolutely hooked on it on-the-go, it’ll be perfect for those 20 minute commutes and tube journeys in a way which other games aren’t.

Took Zelda on my commute for the first time the other day and it was basically pointless, 20 mins just isn’t long enough to get anything done in that game and I doubt I’ll bother taking it with me again until Mario Kart comes out.

I use the short bursts for shrines, towers and side quests. Or restocking supplies. Really enjoy it. Fast RMX could be worth your time too if you’re commuting.

Might give it a crack, not really into racers beyond Mario Kart though :thumbsup:

Just played a Zelda console game for the duration of a short haul flight. I love this thing.

5 Likes

If you want a good commute game I recommend Master Blaster zero, it’s been my go to game on the go now that I’ve unlocked all the races on Fast RMX

Bit also a bunch of tomorrow corp games came out on it yesterday which will also be for for purpose, especially human resource management.

Saw that on the e-store yesterday, what’s it all about?

Is World of Goo worth playing as well?

World of Goo is a brilliant, brilliant game.

4 Likes

It’s basic programming gameified. Nice aesthetic to it and well put together.

1 Like

Will give them both a go once Zelda is done with :thumbsup:

Well, anyone for the Splatoon 2 testfire starting this evening?

March 24:

7 - 7.59pm (UK time)
March 25:

3 - 3.59am (UK time)
11 - 11.59am (UK time)
7 - 7.59pm (UK time)
March 26:

4 - 4.59am (UK time)
12 - 12.59pm (UK time)

Enjoy!

mutters to self: I’m not jealous. I’m not jealous. I’m NOT jealous…

1 Like

FFS, my Orzly case and screen protectors have turned up now after I got refunds for them, what do you reckon the chances are of them finding out? I’ve got a spare case going if they don’t…