Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Guessed it.

I thought that a similar number of people owned TVs, but that they owned fewer units in a house now, because of online, portable viewing.

That report is from 2013 too - before the real rise in smartTVs with streaming services. I think the number of houses with a main, big TV hasn’t really changed.

Fuck that noise

Over 300 quid eh? Guess this is going to be another to add to the laundry list of recent Nintendo blunders. Too expensive for a portable gaming system and too expensive for a home console in a world where the ps4 and xbone exist as multimedia devices. 300+ pounds is too much for a console that’ll have a restricted library of games, no matter how good the exclusives are.

1 Like

I’d maybe take a punt on it if it were priced at say 150 quid?

200 to 250 was my personal limit. If it’s over 300 ni chance for me, I was really eager to get this after the trailer but that’s too rich for my blood.

Yeah but look at it… you could barely get a hudl for £100. I’m guessing this is quite a bit more powerful.

I’m very rich: I will buy 20

4 Likes

I thought basic £250, +£50 for the cradle +£30 for controller and so on. I’m guessing by christmas 2017 it’ll be that price

how many will you throw away?

This is true and I will know whether or not it’s looking like a winner by then
The idea of playing zelda before bed was the reason I wanted it.

Here’s one from the end of 2014!

A million homes with no TV but mostly broadband, apparently - might be different today of course.

There are different use cases for sure - the living room with the big TV in a family home probably isn’t changing, but younger people who already have laptops etc might not see the need for one.

every single one

1 Like

If the basic premise is that it you can swap between on the go and TV, then I think we can assume that it comes with the screen, the two controllers, the controller charger cradle and the main TV cradle.

Be interesting to see how shared houses (often without a communal living room) affect these figures, as I don’t see the trend away from home ownership ending any time soon.

haven’t you guys got some concrete you can chat about?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/nintendo-switch-nx-release-date-price-specs-preview-trailer-3608381/

So probably £300 then. More if Weimar Germany-style hyperinflation hits and we’re all using plastic fivers to make wellies.

I wouldn’t say that’s safe to assume, the selling point of the Wii was motion control but you bought the nunchuck separate… and am I right in thinking the latest portables didn’t come with a charger :confused:
All the add ons = :moneybag:

I’d wager that Nintendo cosying up to EA once again has more to do with EA having the Star Wars license rather than Nintendo wanting ‘Same Football Game Again with squad names changed 2017’ on their system.

1 Like

once you’ve chucked a few games in, that’s more like 400 quid too.

1 Like