NME - a true decline

From a writing standpoint, undoubtedly true. Thing is… “my era” was very much the Oasis era and yet I just want them to write about new music.

Honestly think 1999 was one of the best years for music. Just not for male guitar bands

1 Like

Here’s today’s Noel opinion and OH SOD THIS FOREVER

4 Likes

I was saying that about Noel Gallagher in 1994 already. I was biased, though. Because I was pissed off at people asking me if I’d copied his hairstyle.

“But politicians? They’re fucking idiots. They’re economists—that’s all they are”

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

4 Likes

to be fair… he’s not wrong.

Eurgh. Just reinforces in my head the perception that he is now one of ‘them’. Surprised his name didn’t crop up in the Paradise Papers. Dick.

1 Like

just to be clear, you think the beach boys aren’t overrated?

Fair enough. fwiw I’ve always disliked Noel, but I think this is the first time we’ve agreed on something.

1 Like

imagine thinking Brian Wilson was overrated

5 Likes

you’re right, Mike Love was the true genius

2 Likes

I don’t need to

when i worked at wh smith as a kid (16 - 18), if somebody bought NME i’d always comment how shit it was, god i was a dick

5 Likes

Pet Sounds > Sgt Peppers. Every day of the week.

I’ve never been a regular NME reader, but the C86 tape is for me a milestone in alternative music. I’d have liked a 2016 equivalent, but from what I’ve seen on the website they just champion mainstream bollocks.

Noel Gallagher is a tosser. Even before he opens his mouth.

3 Likes

next week stephen fry reads the lyrics to up all night

2 Likes

6 Likes

I finally deleted the bookmark I had to the NME news page a few weeks ago, and I have to say I feel a lot better for it.

2 Likes

Bastion of journalism.

3 Likes