OutKast - Aquemini

1 Like

Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light…

1 Like

Ed Sheeran - Divide

3 Likes

Dr Dooom - First Come First Served

1 Like

Could suggest N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton but it tails off so rapidly after the first three tracks.

Think Straight Outta Compton is very good for the first two/thirds, but the final bit from I Ain’t the One onwards is pure shite and thus disqualifies it in comparison to Enter the Wu-Tang, It Takes a Nation, Midnight Marauders, Paul’s Boutique, etc.

Can’t knock its impact (or the impact of a few tracks at least) but not even close to being the best west coast gangsta rap album

1 Like

I was never mad on NWA. Ice Cube’s solo albums were far better IMHO.

3 Likes

Would deffo agree with you on Amerikkka’s Most Wanted. Bought Death Certificate recently - talk about a wasted opportunity

in what way? it’s a great album

3 Likes

On the Ice Cube solo material above. Simply no. That sound hearing NWA - Straight Outta Compton in the late 80’s literally blew everything away. Well the 1st 3 tracks that is! The Tarantino of Hip Hop. I watched Reservior Dogs in 1992 and thought about half way in - this is just like NWA of cinema. Shame SOC nosedives so much as it clearly raised the bar.

It’s Paul’s Boutique or The Low End Theory. If The Love Below/Speakerboxx was a one disc megaset that’d be in with a shout.

No chat, lads.

2 Likes

Fantastic Damage

1 Like

Underrated.

1 Like