No England vs. India cricket thread?

Crazy how after all this Kohli and Pujara are gonna put on a 150+ run partnership and India stroll to victory

2 Likes

This is amazing. Full list of successful Indian away 4th inning run chases since 2000
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=2;class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;innings_number=4;orderby=team_score;result=1;spanmax1=31+Dec+2009;spanmin1=01+Jan+2000;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=team;view=innings
Almost 8 years since they’ve managed one. 15 years since they’ve chased over 100 outside asia

Had the date filter wrong. Haven’t done much in the last 8 years either
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=2;class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;innings_number=4;orderby=team_score;result=1;spanmax2=01+Sep+2018;spanmin2=01+Jan+2000;spanval2=span;team=6;template=results;type=team;view=innings

1 Like

Should be a good day.

Weather is perfect (atm) and should see a good run chase. Not been to the bowl in 11 years (saw an England-India ODI in 2007) and it’s expanded since then. On a bus atm though. Bloody train strikes

1 Like
2 Likes

Well I reckon we’ll be out in two overs, India will ease to 100 without loss, there will be a flurry of wickets then India will nervously progress to a win 8 down setting the series up for a cracking closer. Possibly.

England to finish with a lead of 248. A flurry of early wickets, Kohli plus one (Pandya maybe) to put on a brave stand, but Curran to see them out for 210-225.

2 Likes

Jennings to rescue England from a deep hole with a five fer and then be the third man of the match to be dropped.

1 Like

Dangerously close prediction

1 Like
  • England
  • India

0 voters

Well at least I wasn’t alone.

1 Like

Amazing how hard it is to chase anything above 200 in a Test match.

Great day out that. Shame there’s no play tomorrow, meaning I don’t get a refund, but nice to wrap it up in 4 days. Thought India were going to chase that down around mid way through the afternoon session, and it all went flat in the ground. But that burst after tea was perfect

Whaaat?

1 Like

Day 5 tickets are cheap for a reason

Are tickets super cheap for day 5 to make up for this or what?

£10

That is super cheap. Worth it for the result? Sounds like you’ve had a great day!