No England vs. India cricket thread?

crazy! they’ve moved lunch right back to 13:45. unprecedented mistreatment of the chefs

1 Like

Jimmy Anderson’s test bowling average since the 3rd test of the 2015 Ashes is 19.50… That’s pretty amazing given that he would have been at least 33 years old during most of that time…

1 Like

he’s been bowling so tightly in that period that even when he’s not been threatening, he’s been leaking very little. He seems to beat his career average nearly every innings he bowls.

I liked it when, as Kohli walked back through the applause of the long room room after coming off for rain having scored one run from his two balls, he raised his bat to the room.

1 Like

Stokes going with the classic “I was talking to God” defence then.

Great delivery that.

Oof

https://mobile.twitter.com/melindafarrell/status/1027903645516480512

2 Likes

He’s bowled himself into a defensive position with batsmen quite rightly deciding to do everything possible to see him off rather than risk opening up against him. Kohli’s first innings against him is an extreme example but the same thing happened in Australia if I remember correctly. The opposition are essentially doing everything they can to avoid having to play cricket against him.

What are we expecting England to put on here - 140?

Good to see they’re rigidly sticking to the 11 am start, despite losing a day and a half so far and glorious sunshine all around london

Would hope for 250+, these are quintessential english conditions which all the players should have grown up with, and the Indian players only get to play in on occasion.

So yeah, 135, 140

1 Like

What time are we seeing ollie pope’s debut. I’m going for 11:42

Good job they’ve picked 2 spinners for this one then…

Prince tipper

1 Like

applauds

Well pleased for Woakesy, dressing room all seemed like they were delighted too.

2 Likes

Looking like it might rain all day today, then showers tomorrow.

Think Jimmy only needs a few more overs tbh.

Very little in this world that looks more forlorn than an Indian batsman facing Jimmy in the drizzle. Vijay basically gave himself out.

I know that England have been professional in this match, India abject and the weather iffy, but having a test match wrap up in 170 overs is making a mockery of the format.

Would we be seeing criticism of the groundsman if it hadn’t taken place at Lords?