No England vs. India cricket thread?

John Emburey? That’s only based on Middlesex.

1 Like

come on then…

no cheating

20/25 for me

1. Somehow missed Chris woakes ffs.

16/25.

21, got Anderson with 3 seconds to spare. Hmm.

Got Mason crane and tory bowling Jones very late. Would’ve been a long time before I got ball

Got 19.

Missed a few of the one-syllable regens.

Weirdly, he was the last one I got too.

1 Like

22/25

Missed:

TRJ
Pope
Overton

Took me until about 30 seconds to go before I remembered Stokes.

I voted Stoneman because he will not make many runs but he will probably waste more balls before Root comes in than the other options.

Reminds me of once I was playing and a spinner from our team had transferred to another local team. I came in at no.8 or something our best batter at the other end says something like ‘just stay in’. First ball this guy loops one up and I think ‘I’ll show him’… then it pretty much goes like the video above. With the guy down the other end muttering ‘for fuck’s sake’

So.
If cook bats well next season for Essex (probable)
And at least one of our openers struggles (extremely probable)
And the series is tight (likely)

What are the chances of cook playing the 4th/5th ashes test

I get all the reasons not to do it but I think an Ashes cameo would be a better send-off than a dead rubber (even if I’m going on the Sunday).

Less a send off and more a desperate plea for competence

1 Like

Jennings will be averaging 45 by then.

1 Like

Ed Smith and James Taylor are looking more and more like a pair of joint-at-the-hips spooks with every day

Comment on cricinfo saying Ed Smith looks like Dr Strangelove. I think that’s pretty accurate.

1 Like

Engerland

I think it’s right that Cook waits for the second innings to score the century, given that I’ll be at the ground on Sunday.

1 Like