No fuckin' sleep club

Hey insomniacs! Thought we could hang out in here following a brief chat with Ant about his lack of sleep.

Who else is suffering lately? Mind will not shut down >:-(

It’s two o’clock in the afternoon. Why the fuck would we be trying to sleep?

oh okay dayshift bourgeoisie

Keep waking up exactly at 6am when my alarm is set for 8am :thinking:

try setting your alarm for 10

NEXT!

just set your alarm for 10
EDIT: Fuck

A bit of this. My schedule has changed in the mornings (earlier start for work, plus dropping off baby at nursery beforehand), so I’m trying to get to bed earlier, but struggling to switch off.

Last night baby also had a cold and kept waking up unhappy so got very little sleep at all.

I haven’t needed my alarm for the last 2 or 3 months because I can’t sleep after about 5.30 every morning. It’s pretty shit because it doesn’t seem to matter what time I go to bed, and I am wiped out by 2pm every day :weary:

babies sound like absolutely sleep-nukers but seeing as i get so little anyway maybe i’d be dad of the year or something.

but that sucks. what time are you actually getting into bed vs the time you sleep

that IS pretty shit :-/ do you get much exercise in during the day? i suppose if you’re wiped out by 2 that’d be tricky anyway :frowning:

Ironically, exercise has increased because, for want of something to do, I get up and go to the fucking gym

Thatcher used to only have 1 hours sleep a night

:sleeping:

• Smaller bed
  • Memory foam mattress which constantly makes me insanely hot
  • The absence of a proper routine from my partner while she’s been on holiday (should now be better though)
  • Normal crippling spells of anxiety and self-loathing while I lay there trying to sleep
  • Waking up an hour before my alarm every day because it’s too bright
  • Crunch at work and the 13 hour days, 6 day weeks and awful diet that comes along with it imminent

Not that fun at the minute.

It varies. This is the biggest issue really, there’s not much consistency. Generally the aim now is to get to bed by midnight, alarm at 7am, hope for as little disruption as possible. Sometimes this happens, sometimes not. This is much worse for Mrs HYG who generally has to feed her at least once a night. Sometimes I wake up when she does, sometimes not. But as long as baby is in our room (until next March), this is how it’ll go.

More time to fuck the miners over

asleep by 1am, awake by 6am-7am. Living.the.dream.
That said, I used to sleep LOADS and now people that sleep loads DISGUST ME!!1

I have hypersomnia. I can sleep like a pro but it’s never enough. So this is very much not the thread for me but I’m really bored so I’m gonna post this anyway.

this is me, basically.on a good night

DAMN YOU.

also take iron man i’m worried about you

That’s not a bad idea actually. Always assumed it was depression related but I might just have shitty blood.