No NFL Week 14 thread?

something about Le’Veon Bell
Eagles down to their 3rd choice long snapper
couple of tasty finishes coming up

Snow!

Delighted that the Bengals didn’t become the team that lost to the Browns. 8-7-1* here we come!

*(probably 6-9-1 but at least there’ll be a nice draft pick, which as we all know is the real quiz).

Seriously, Jets, why are you doing this to me

Seahawks having a total stinker

1 Like

Guns in the stadium! What could possibly go wrong? America…

2 more years! 2 more years! (Of Jeff Fisher)

I wonder what the record is for least time between receiving a contract extension and getting sacked?

1 Like

just for you!

1 Like

Shame it’s completely pointless, and actually losing would’ve given us a better draft pick, but 14 unanswered points by the 49ers in the first 2 mins just really riled me ha.

2 Likes

Giants!

1 Like

So the Lions won, went to 9-4, and currently hold the 2nd seed in the NFC, with a playoff bye.

And yet, I feel worse about them than at any point since they were 1-3.

• They struggled against the Bears (always playing down to their opponent), allowed Matt Barkley to make some nice throws and let Jordan Howard look dangerous.
  • Stafford has injured his throwing hand (Derek Carr: The Bloodening)
  • Every other rival team in the NFC seemed to win, ruining any margin for error.
  • The final stretch is @Giants, @Cowboys, and hosting the Packers. There’s no easy wins there.

Fuck the Packers. Fuck the Packers. Fuck the Packers.

oh wow :smiley:

heard a stat yesterday that Packers record in december over the last decade is like 16-2

4 Likes

Divisional games are always a bit funky, I wouldn’t read into it too much. And the Bears D has been playing everyone fairly tight (outside of Tampa, which tbh was more the offence giving up in the first half) for a while. Lions came through again is the main point.

Stafford’s hand though… eesh. Hopefully he’s OK. At least Dallas totally shat the bed, there’s definitely hope against them and the Giants.

But yeah. Really looking like a week 17 showdown. 10-6 might still be enough for a wild card regardless?

Could be. It’s not over yet, for sure. Amazing how quickly your mood can shift. Maybe the Bears can upset Green Bay in Chicago next week. That would be lovely (if bad for your drafting).

Honestly don’t care about draft position too much - well, compared to getting a win or two. Go out, play hard, let’s see if some of these peripheral players can take a step up. I would be utterly delighted if the Bears take down the Packers. I’d also be totally shocked, really can’t see it.

At least even if you do lose the next two, there’s still a shot with the last day show down

It’s on Jan 1st too. Will really kick off 2017 with a bang.

Holy shit is that going to be a bad hangover for a lot of people

(Hopefully Packers fans)

Fisher SACKED