NO RING NO BRING: Wedding etiquette

No spouse, stay in your house.

8 Likes

Oh mate, I’m going to a wedding next month where the bride has invited her toddler nieces to be flower girls in the ceremony, but get this, she has banned kids from the reception. Add in the fact the wedding is happening in the middle of nowhere, and I’ve no idea what the those kids parents are meant to do. I would have kicked off.

Inviting your own family to the wedding but saying no kids are allowed at the reception is fair enough really.

2 Likes

Mine will be, “kids can come but my mates will probably be sweary and they’ll be drugs”

1 Like

almost like the entire Royal Family and everyone they associate with is a bonafied, unalloyed, 100% cunt innit

5 Likes

In gold embossed italic lettering. Class.

Your mates are drugs?

I’ve licked one in an attempt to not come down so maybe

I mean, it’s her wedding and she can do what she wants, but it’s a massive imposition on those parents.

I see that but it’s also a massive imposition to have loads of kids at a wedding reception.

I’m assuming this is “I want my nieces at the ceremony, but they can piss straight off while we go celebrate” though, which if so is a real dick move. If I was said daughter’s parent, I’d probably look at having the whole family bin it off if so.

Absolutely fucking LOVE a wedding etiquette thread. I don’t think there’s ever been a wedding where someone (bride/groom/family/bridesmaid/best man/whatever) hasn’t made some absolutely outrageous request and revealed themselves to be an absolute maniac.

3 Likes

Said “absolute” too much there.

2 Likes

Kids are the only people who enjoy themselves at a wedding, with the very occasional exception of the couples’ parents

Yeah, it can be, but if that’s what you want then obliging your family to also attend the ceremony then have to work out what to do about childcare at a nice hotel an hour from where they live is a bit of a dick move.

1 Like

I’m probably getting married next year and if anyone starts annoying me i’m uninviting them.

1 Like

Make insane demands. Nobody outside the height range of 5’ 7" to 5’ 10" allowed to attend, stuff like that.

3 Likes

I’m not paying for peoples food and drink and am going to ask for cash as presents. I won’t be in a place to make demands

“If you’re only engaged, or going out (not forgetting),
Don’t bother coming to our fucking wedding.”

space and/or cost.

Limited seating/funds for wedding breakfast

1 Like