No thread on R Kelly running a cult?

He is denying it.

Here is the original report:

The man is an absolute scumbag. It constantly astonishes me that he seems to get a free pass from the wider populous because Ignition is a banger and Trapped in the Closet was funny for a bit. He should be in jail for a very long time.

11 Likes

Our Kelly.

3 Likes

Weird how he’s been an acknowledged creep (and more) for years, but still has a pretty successful career.

Guess people really like slow jams.

2 Likes

Yeah that weird marriage he had to Aaliyah when she was underage :confused: I guess he can throw money at this kinda thing and it’ll disappear.

And he does. Regularly.

he’s an utter freak. dunno why he isn’t in prison.

1 Like

Bump and Grind and Ignition are both bangers tbf

Bump & grind is up there with ignition

1 Like

As the Chicago Sun Time journalist that broke this scandal (and basically all of the scandals going back to the original sex tape) says no one cares about young, black women.

Helpful timeline (going up to 2013) detailing R Kelly’s extensive history of being a scumbag and avoiding jail: Timeline: The Life And Career Of R. Kelly | WBEZ Chicago

I find it pretty hard to consider them bangers any more given how fucking repulsive R Kelly is (esp with the lyrical content)

1 Like

yeah that doesn’t make for pleasant reading at all does it. Surely he’s gonna be prosecuted at some point and banged up ?

Well, sure, but they still kind of are. Lots of art made by horrible people is still good, but sometimes it’s hard to take it out of context.

Doubt it. He’s in his 50s now, and has escaped jail for this long with sooooooo much incriminating evidence against him. Fuck the world

R Kelly is in his 50s?! Had no idea he was that old

He’s weird and Ignition is shite

People that either like him or his music are weird

1 Like

if he really believes he can fly maybe someone should firmly encourage him to test out his theory.

Yeah I see what you mean, but the fact that they are specifically about him using his position of power to get what he wants sexually is pretty grim given that is what he is repeatedly accused of.

In She’s Got That Vibe when he sings “Little cute Aaliyah’s got it” and you realise he was literally in a relationship with her - a young teen - at the time. So, so gross.

I LOVED R Kelly’s music growing up, and even though I still enjoy a lot of art by clearly awful people like Bowie, Spector, James Brown etc his work seems intertwined with his abuse in a way that’s much harder to ignore/compartmentalise.

1 Like