Non-League Football Thread 18/19 (Rolling)

I thought it was going to be a close game too, but Salisbury threw away an early lead and Carshalton won comfortably in the end. In a post-match interview, Steve Claridge bemoaned the fact he had to pick ‘either fit players who couldn’t play on 3G, or unfit players that could play on 3G’. :thinking:

Drawn Barnet at home next round - buzzing :wink:

Taofiq has settled in well - nice lad and been solid on the pitch thus far, but is cup-tied for the Trophy (having played for Enfield in an earlier round). Scored on Wednesday night though in a Surrey Senior cup game but we lost 3-2 in the end.

Tempted to go down to Twerton Park tomorrow for Bath City vs Torquay.

Lovely (but slightly sad) article in our local paper regarding one of King’s Lynn’s players (tw: death, domestic abuse):

McAuley has probably been the player of the season. Works really hard, marshalls the defence nicely and has a bit of a penchant for a bicycle kick:

Off to Coles Park tomorrow for second Haringey Borough game of the season against Margate. Lost our unbeaten run of 13 games with a defeat to Harlow last week but hoping to bounce back and continue another very unexpected season and stay five points clear at the top of the league!

Away to Stockport County tomorrow - the first step on the road back to the promised land of the Football League, under the guidance of Steve Watson, leading us to a bright new dawn of unparalleled success.

3-0 to County.

Carshalton v Merstham tomorrow with a couple of friends from work. We did the reverse fixture earlier this season.

King’s Lynn v Barwell this afternoon. Strange game: we squandered quite a few opportunities and they scored with their only two real chances. Still, we came out 3-2 winners with our captain scoring a brace. Will happily take the three points. P14 W9 D5 L0 under Culverhouse this time round.

Did you go? My old work were the match sponsors, apparently it was absolute mayhem when City scored the winner. I was backing them from afar…

Carshalton were really poor today and lost 2-1. Merstham played with 10 men for 60 minutes. The Merstham player was sent of for deliberate handball, Carshalton then took a terrible penalty.

After that Carshalton didn’t really offer much at all even with the extra man.

I didn’t, no. Safe to say that was a bad decision.

That’s the second time this season Merstham have beaten us with 10 men - madness! We needed the penalty to go in, that was the turning point - didn’t show much creativity in the second-half sadly.

Back to winning ways last night though - beat Hornchurch 2-1 but were all over them, especially first-half where it wouldn’t of been unjustified to be 5 or 6 up.

You coming to the Barnet game in the FA Trophy Saturday week?

Unfortunately not.

Not only does it clash with Palace v Fulham, a friends band is playing an alldayer. So reckon I won’t go to any football that day.

That sucks - your mate’s band must be prolific writers if they are playing all day :wink:

Went to see King’s Lynn vs Royston in the snow last night. Amazed that we made it to 90 minutes - the ref blew the final whistle with no added time (is that a thing when the weather is crap?)

King’s Lynn came out 4-2 winners. Was an entertaining game, loads of errors on both sides but Royston came to play (a lot of teams this season have turned up to negate our way of playing and leave with a point). Took ages to thaw out when I got home.

Not really a ‘thing’ but probably just merit-based - atrocious conditions, one team winning by two goals (rather than one or it being level) and players no doubt moaning in his ear. Sensible refereeing!

Yep, i wasn’t complaining and neither were the players! Never seen the stadium empty so fast.

Omg. Amazed this was playable.

On Saturday, for the second time this season, I saw us beat the league leaders 1-0 with a last minute goal :sunglasses:

We were super lucky really as we were unbelievably wasteful in possession in the final third, but Haringey were not good. They were very niggly and were constantly getting up in the ref’s grill about perceived injustices. Their goalie also started timewasting within the first 10 mins! Very pleased to have beaten them - puts us back in the play-off mix.

One of the Hendon fans has seen a fair bit of Haringey this season and thinks they’ve been riding the crest of a wave since their FA Cup run with AFC Wimbledon. He’s not sure if they’re likely to maintain their challenge. Still need to try and get there to watch them on a Monday night if I can.

I saw that Haringay are starting to slip up. Merstham are storming at the moment.