Non-League Football Thread - 2019/20 (Rolling)

We got through in the FA Cup against a spirited Bracknell Town on Saturday, highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HDaQPH6WYQ

We’ve been drawn against Harrow Borough away in the next round - we used to battle it out in the Isthmian Premier a few years ago, now they are in the Southern League South. Made a good start to their season , mind.

Intriguing tie, that one!

Harrow are going well - they started last season well too, played us off the park twice, but then had an appalling run in the last eight/ten weeks that saw them drop out of the play-offs and finish mid-table.

More than beatable though and the pitch won’t be in great shape either.

1 Like

We’ve been drawn at home to Deeping Rangers or AFC Sudbury who replay tomorrow.

Don’t know much about Deeping Rangers, plenty of history with AFC Sudbury having played 3 lost 3 in FA Competitions against them in the past decade (scored 2 conceded 9), then in our one home league meeting against them the game was abandoned because the players took it upon themselves to have a brawl.

Yeah, will be worried about the pitch not being conducive to our passing play but you have to adapt to these things and find a way to win.

So I went to the Dartford match at home to Dorking Wanderers on Saturday. Turned up just before 1pm as I was working at the game and lo and behold, none other than Steve King was there. Chatted to him for a bit and to my surprise, he was there doing media work, conducting pre and post-match interviews and providing updates - probably thought he’d give the Darts caretaker boss who’s also a director at the club a bit of a shock by going to interview him. Just said he’s been out and about watching games as you would do if you were an out of work manager.

In terms of the action on the pitch, it was a cracking game with some quality goals and a dubious red card which ended with Dorking winning a 4-3 thriller. The equalising free-kick from Giuseppe Sole at 3:18 is properly filthy.

This is fucking brilliant!

2 Likes

3rd vs 4th tomorrow as Hornchurch come to Carshalton - should be a cracking match as both clubs scoring for fun and keeping clean sheets, something will have to give! (or it’ll be 0-0 :smiley: )