Non-League Football Thread (Rolling)

I’m also going to be a this. It’s the first Monday night match that the two friends from work could both also make.

1 Like

Hoping to be down again in March, Tivvy was my second fave away day last season, lovely bunch of folk.

My cousin joined them this season from Barnstaple so my support is quite fickle! Doing very well in comparison to last season when they nearly got relegated.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve started well. Unlike us.

So, we’re into the next round but shit me out of a needle we were lucky.

2-0 down at the break against a side two levels below. Credit to them, they were outstanding. We weren’t even good enough to be described as an embarrassment.

Come back to win 3-2 and ride our luck at the end.

Absolutely fuming at the gall of one of our few contracted players to demand more from the fans when a) they serve up that level of servile bollocks and b) I generally show more movement than he does in my sleep. He seems to think a twenty minutes off the bench here and there and suddenly showing willing in the second half is enough. Fuck off, pal.

Hope he’s a Maccabees fan who might be lurking.

I didn’t go but Whyteleafe are through too. Is it two rounds until the 1st round proper?

It is indeed, yes. National League sides come into it in the 4th qualifying round, one after this one.

1 Like

We were shite again, out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle again and have still not won on a Saturday so far this season :+1:

One bonus - we’re at least into decent prize money now the FA have redone the funds for this season.

1 Like

For anyone with an interest, TalkSPORT are having the FA Cup draw live from 1:30pm.

1 Like

Through after a 2-0 win away at Irlam, which I discovered just in time was live on the actual telly on Saturday.

Well, I say actual telly, it was the BBC Red Button streamed off the app but I’m taking that.

When’s the next round due to take place? Already made plans to head down for our game against Boston United on the 19th, would be just my luck if it then gets bumped for a cup game down in deepest darkest Dorset.

Next round is 5th October, 19th October will be 4th Qualifying round day.

1 Like

Oh are you a York fan? I’m debating whether to make the trip up to Bootham Crescent on Saturday…

Aye, I am - I lived in York from 2008-2012 so adopted them as my team while I was there. Back in Edinburgh these days so I try to get down there as often as I can, usually 4 or 5 times a season. Have been cramming in quite a few games of late though, soaking up as much of Bootham as I can before the move out to Monks Cross :frowning:

I’ve been following King’s Lynn for about three seasons (relative newcomer) and they’re playing York on Saturday. 1st v 3rd! Should be a cracker (we’re going to get annihilated I’m sure)

1 Like

Nah, you’ll be fine, I’m fully expecting us to have a panic-based impostor-syndrome meltdown soon when it suddenly dawns on us that we’re first and we really shouldn’t be there.

This has aged well.

1 Like

My wishlist for the year was: finish about Kettering, 6 points off Hereford, and don’t get relegated. So we’re massively overachieving so far. Sad that you’re leaving Bootham Crescent - hopefully we’ll bring a good (and well-behaved) crowd.

I was hoping for the play-offs this year, so tearing off into an undefeated start came as a bit of a surprise to say the least, despite finishing last season fairly strongly. Lots of teams nipping at our heels (yourselves included!) so there’s a bit of unease on my part as to whether we can keep this up. Have made a few decent-looking signings so far to flesh out the squad, so we’ll see.

Yeah, really sad to be leaving the old place - one of the first things I did when I moved down there was go to City matches to help settle in to living there, so I’ve got that connection with the place. I know this day was likely to come sooner or later and it makes sense in the long run, but I love an old ground that’s been cobbled together over decades like ours.

1 Like

Ah - the draw is on TalkSPORT 2, not main TalkSPORT