Non-League Football Thread (Rolling)

The vast majority of clubs will provide a warm welcome and even those where owners or supporters hold views that might be viewed as gammony do a lot of good stuff within their local community and supporting charities.

I’ve never been to a game and really felt as though a club’s supporters have, as a collective, been overly twatty. Many clubs, if not all, have a minority who overstep the mark on occasion - even Dulwich and definitely the new Clapton - yet no-one actively identifies with the right in the way that some do with the left.

2 Likes

Taunton, but that was largely because a drunken imbecile tried to knock out our club secretary. The club itself were great.

1 Like

Cheers @anon76851889 and @he_2 for your fantastic and deliciously detailed feedback. Great stuff. The adventure begins today at Barry Town (albeit at Leckwith Stadium, Cardiff) in the, er, Europa League!

Just one thing though: appreciate the sentiments but to what tune does one sing it to?

2 Likes

Wish the bloody fixtures would come out, the break has already been too long, and I want to start organising an opening day of the season BBQ (assuming Manor Farm are at home).

Particularly excited that BMF will be without utter bellend Own Howe next season who scored 1,057 goals, but got 39 red cards too (numbers require due diligence), and is a bit of a sexist on twitter. Bye to him, and cant wait to get back down to The Creek for more mega-times.

2 Likes

I make that a minimum cumulative suspension of 741 matches… could be as high as 819

1 Like
1 Like

Bloody hell! That’s some going!

I only know of one player who got four in a season before, not five. Even the Maclaren’s never managed more than three in a seasons between them.

1 Like

He’s gone to Weston Super Mare now. Grade A bell (who everyone assures me is nice really, when he clearly isn’t).

Ah, we’ll cross paths with him this season at some point then. Good to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely superb news out of Carshalton Athletic this week - Peter has been a revelation since joining and its pleasing to see the club commit to a long-term approach:

Peter Adeniyi signs three-year Carshalton deal | Your Local Guardian

2 Likes

Kumbaya My Lord?

It does seem i’m wrong on what I said about Whitehawk, perhaps they used to be not so welcoming?

I still find it surprising that Paul Dipre isn’t still trying to run the show on the pitch.

Been there, tried that… think that stint made him realise it isn’t an ‘easy job’.

Yeah, he was pretty awful at it. Credit that he finally realised that he should just appoint a decent manager and leave them to it.

FC is more about “community” rather than “politics”

1 Like

Very tempted by this. Indie points jackpot

https://twitter.com/MUFCYorkRoad/status/1141375205014757381

2 Likes

Tonbridge HOME to the Scum on Boxing Day and AWAY to the Scum on New Year’s Day. Perfect Christmas if we take all 6 points there :heart: Dulwich at home first game of the season is tough but should be a good atmosphere. Do not think we will win that tho.

I might go to Chippenham away on 7th September?? Cheeky 6 hour round trip on the train but only £22 for an advance train ticket which is WILD and unprecedented.

Looking to go to at least 10 Angels away games next season and think I’ll be at all but 3 home games. Absolutely chuffed that my two consecutive busy weekends in August are away games. Let the games begin!!

1 Like

Just bummed that the season doesn’t start for 4 1/2 weeks tbh :sweat:

Weird that you play Bath City in August then not again till the last game. If I can get the 17th Aug off work I might try and get up for that one

1 Like

I was thinking of going to Dorking v Tonbridge and Dorking v Dulwich in August, but both clash with Palace home games :frowning: