Non-standard forms of transportation

Given that certain forms of transportation seem to dominate most of the chat of these boards, thought it was about time that the neglected ones were promoted a bit. How many of these have you used to get from A to B? Please feel free to add any.

• Go-kart
  • Pogo-stick
  • Space-hopper
  • Segway
  • Skateboard
  • Snowboard
  • Sledge
  • Bobsleigh
  • Horse/Horse and Cart/Stagecoach
  • Donkey
  • Tricycle
  • Quad bike
  • Golf-buggy
  • Hang-glider
  • Microlight
  • Hot-air balloon
  • Blimp
  • Tank
  • Monster truck
  • Half-track
  • Pump-handle railway thing
  • Lovely old steam train
  • Mine cart
  • Coracle
  • Kayak
  • Canoe
  • Punt
  • Gondola
  • Spanish Galleon
  • Cable car
  • Funicular railway
  • Hovercraft

0 voters

Hovercraft and amphibious 6 wheeler for me too please.

And snowboard, obv.

railway pump trolley is easily the best mode of transport I’ve been on.

Added.

1 Like

What’s the difference between a kayak and a canoe?

Staple mode of transport for cartoon characters

I’ve now voted 3 times in this poll.

Hope to vote for a 4th time soon!

I don’t think pogo sticks or space hoppers are transport, they’re for carefree destinatonless bouncing.

No pogo??

Chill out Naomi Klein

5 Likes

I imagine that there’s a local eccentric somewhere who pogo-sticks to the office everyday

2 Likes

Something to do with the seating arrangement? I’m no expert

You could be right, you kneel in one and sit in the other. I did look it up once but I’ll let someone else do it this time.

Realised I’ve missed loads off, so additionally-

• Rollerskates/rollerblades
  • Unicycle
  • Jet-ski
  • Snow-mobile
  • Digger
  • Bulldozer
  • Steam-roller
  • Traction-engine
  • Tractor
  • Combine harvester
  • Submarine
  • Raft

0 voters

I’ve been on (in?) a submarine, but it wasn’t moving thank fuck. Wouldn’t fancy being on one of those for any length of time.

Life onboard a submarine sounds grim from what I’ve heard. Would love to just have a look around one though

There used to be an old Royal Navy submarine on display in the docks at Birkenhead, which I went round as a kid. I don’t think it’s there now, unfortunately. It was definitely interesting, if claustrophobic and mildly terrifying. The only part which seemed to have any space was the bay at the front for the torpedoes.

1 Like

are we ticking any we’ve used or only ones we’ve actually used to travel to a destination (that isn’t ‘the other side of the garden’)? i mean, i’ve been on a pogo stick but not for transportation, and i’ve been on a horse but only to go from the stable to back to the same stable an hour later!

Any that you’ve used. Doesn’t matter how far. Don’t expect anybody to have gone on their holidays via pogo-stick

this should be multiple answers