Normal, every day things that give you the heebie jeebies

When a potato has been left a bit too long and starts sprouting. Really unnerving stuff that

7 Likes

I try not to think about it but cum is really really fucking weird

11 Likes

Blood as well. Basically any bodily fluids and how that all works and stuff. Freaky.

I’m fine with almost all other common or garden creatures but daddy longlegs really freak me out.

1 Like

Guessing the time bang on

Chewing polystyrene

1 Like

Teeth.

1 Like

I find it fascinating

1 Like

Breathing is weird when you think about it too

And brains just controlling what you do.

If you think about any human biology in layman’s terms it all sounds fake and minging and scary.

2 Likes

A wobbly tooth

People chewing chewing gum
Pigeons

Bridges.

Running into someone unexpectedly. Always makes you think “that’s a coincidence/weird” despite the fact it’s probably not that weird in most circumstances.

2 Likes

On a similar tip: bumping into a colleague on your commute.

It shouldn’t be really awkward, but sometimes all you want to do is switch off, and so it’s really anxiety inducing.

5 Likes

Wool. People wearing wool with it in direct contact with their skin.

5 Likes

Signals. Like WiFi and 4G and radio and such.

There’s all internet and songs and people talking just… In the fucking air!? All around us. Horrifying and mind boggling to dwell on.

15 Likes
  • ftfy
2 Likes

I used to wonder whether you could seal radio waves in a box, and then open it up later, and listen to the radio from the past.

2 Likes

Fish.

Slippery shits that they are.

5 Likes

You can get a bit of bread and put it in your mouth and it gets broken down mechanically and chemically and then you produce energy out of that which means you can think about the atoms within the bread and the chemicals that you used to process it WHAAAAT