Northern Hemisphere Daily Thread Jan 4th

Morning all!

I’m recovering from a chest infection so I’m a bit achey and tired.

The Child and Wor Lass are also ill, so I’ll be spending today alternating between playing computer games, feeling sorry for myself and trying to settle a grouchy child.

My landlords are generally very sound. I reckon they’ve either forgotten to send the email over the festive period, or the TV has not told me. My money is on the latter tbf.

Still a bit of a surprise to wander into the bathroom on my boxers to find a workman there. Did the classic thing of apologising and offering him a cuppa

Did he confirm you were offering tea or coffee?

You never know, could be something ‘better’ (for you) like a close family member died and she doesn’t want to flippantly tell you in a text?

Got a “nah y’aright” as I was stood there groggily trying to figure out what was going on

1 Like

Treat yo self today. Get yourself a nice coffee and a pastry or something.

2 Likes

Like 8? Bit after?

Also WFHing today. Gonna drink loads of coffee

yeah maybe/ possibly.

Is it just a check up? I was exactly the same recently (I get white coat syndrome about anything like this!) but with some mind over matter, deep breaths and a good book to get absorbed in while I waited I was fine

Morning pals. I trust everybody had a clement Christmas and new year?

I’ve eaten so much this past couple of weeks, dunno how people can do the #newyearnewme thing already, we’ve got so many leftovers kicking around. Got a pâté sandwich for lunch ffs, gout is a real worry.

10 Likes

You’re back!

1 Like

finally you’re back :relaxed:

1 Like

JEZZA!

1 Like

:heart:

Ate half of a 20 inch pizza last night. Normally I have to leave some for the next day but I guzzled the whole lot down without stopping. I think the glutton has finally set in. My stomach has stretched and is greedier than ever.

Really need to sort myself and the gym out tho. The 30 minute bus there and back is putting me off :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just walk there and back, you won’t even need to go in.

4 Likes

yeah, my teeth aint great and I can’t really afford to get work done if needs be so I’m just praying nothing’s wrong. I’ll feel alot better by 10 tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

Walk or run there, then shower at the gym so you’ve gone in, then leave, get chips, walk back.

3 Likes

We got four jars of paté in my dad’s “weird shit I found in Aldi” hamper and I have no idea what to do with it

4 Likes

If in doubt, put it between 2 bits of bread :+1: