Northern Ireland Politics

The murals have lost their artistry lately.

4 Likes

Probably overthinking it to go as far as putting that image in the Brits At It thread. Cos it’s surely not an intentional pisstake. Then again…

It was a BBC NI produced programme, I think the wall graphic thing is deliberate. It’s fine imo.

1 Like

Southern partitionists are the absolute worst.

1 Like

This interview was a good read, and I think shows some of the disconnect between Unionist politicians and Loyalist people.

There’s a high amount of things that are just plain wrong, or are poorly reasoned (the lexit argument will never hold water with me), but there’s a lot that is very right and good.

I suppose this is inevitable, though I’d hope all of Ulster could be included in a United Ireland devolution scenario, if anything to allow Donegal to thrive again.

The flag should be changed to the starry plough

Always liked this one in Belfast. It’s been there years, no idea how it hasn’t had paint thrown all over it

4 Likes

I was curious about this a few years ago so googled it and it turned out the journal that my old employer produced had done an article on it. For anyone else that’s curious: in the late 90s at a conference, physicists came up with a list of their most important questions. An artist (Liam Gillock?) dotted them around Belfast in different forms. I think there were 10 in total. One was around the physics department in Queens, can’t remember the others.

3 Likes

It’s looking like the end of the road for Foster. I’m not sure who exactly can step in to stop the rot. I think they’ll be caught between APNI and TUV in the coming months. Good riddance.

1 Like

Sammy’s turn to shine

Seriously though… she’s one of the best of the bad lot

1 Like

I think they may have pulled the trigger without a new leader in mind, which as we have seen from Labour in 2016 is always a top strategy

1 Like

I’m excited to see her potentially get toppled but worried about what big sack of shit might take her place

It’s Theresa May all over again

4 Likes

Peston definitely understands NI politics

7 Likes
1 Like

Lol fucking hell

2 Likes

Stepping down as first minister by the end of June. I can’t wait to see what fresh hell we end up in come July. If Edwin Poots is the First Minister I don’t know what I’ll do.

https://mydup.com/news/statement-by-rt-hon-arlene-foster-mla?token=8hhrY5xG4j5Acq-vO2TBwEcF8MUd8yjC

Bobby’s smashing it out the park as always, there.

Talk is cheap. Never ever get misty eyed over a leaders final speech, it’s a complete trap

3 Likes

:confused:

3 Likes