Nostalgic meals

I was feeling glum earlier this week so had a Pukka pie, mash and beans for tea. It cheered me right up because it made me feel nostalgic for a simpler time when I was a child. Should have rounded it off with Angel Delight for pudding too really.

What food / meals reminds you of your childhood? Or, if you don’t like that angle, what did you eat for dinner when you were a kid?

My mum sometimes made Super Noodles and served them with dinner.

2 Likes

Crispy Pancakes

2 Likes

FRAY FUCKING BENTOS

3 Likes

Which flavour?

Bolognese, used to have it every tuesday when I got home from swimming class when I was a kid, brings back really strong memories, not sure why

2 Likes

With (Birdseye potato) waffles and baked beans.

1 Like

Waffley versatile

1 Like

And now you’re singing it in your head.

1 Like

They go with beans bangers…
Can’t remember the next bit

Really bloody like Birdeye waffles.

SMILEY FACES.

ALPHABITES.

FISH FINGERS

ecstacy, marijuana, nicotine and alcohol

2 Likes

You got 30 on the psychopath test didn’t you?

1 Like

found a crispy pancake down the back of my mates sofa when we were nippers

got an ok anecdote to go with it too, if anyone is interested

1 Like

Heinz cream of tomato soup for me. With a cheese sandwich

4 Likes

Those horrible frozen cheeeburgers, pre-Rustlers. My mum used to keep a healthy stock in the freezer after I started college so I had something to munch on when I came home drunk.

A simpler time. :slight_smile:

Sausage and chips. Specifically those really crappy chip shop sausages that are basically like a weird paste.

Also:
cauliflower cheese
big roast
fish fingers

Sausage, Egg, Chips & Beans is a Nostalgic and unhealthy meal. I will usually have it maybe once over the winter period to remember.

Also, I have been having the odd Mugshot for an afternoon work snack, and the tomato one really reminds me of having tomato soup from the vending machine when I used to go to swimming lessons as a nipper.

Only if it’s an ok anecdote and not a good one.

I’ve said this before, but that is my comfort meal if I have a cold or some other minor illness.