Not many good threads today

which ones meant to be the better one?

Nothing too bad – a tailored dress, but it’s the fucking principle of wearing one.

i need to buy something else off amazon for at least 72p to get some free shipping

any ideas?

ick. What a croc.

Do you get to wear your bike shoes with it?

1 Like

Christ. A tailored dress? I don’t even really understand what that means? Are you saying they’re supplying a particular dress you have to wear or you can wear whatever dress you like so long as it meets some standard they’ve set? Grim stuff. :frowning2:

gotta give barleysugar his due for this one

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/is-this-a-good-camera/12130/8?u=ericthefourth

Something from here?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_3_9?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=99p+kindle+books&sprefix=99p+kindl%2Caps%2C129&crid=1JXPMP7T9AAI&rh=n%3A341677031%2Ck%3A99p+kindle+books

:wink:

Yeah I’d be like FUCK THAT
as if i’m going to look like all these idiots
Wheres my personality??
Has anyone vocally objected to it? I’d be straight into HR asking for the part of my contract which shows I need to wear a uniform.

Are you allowed to customize it? or wear accessories?

i can’t post as much from work at the mo but can’t really be arsed as much anyway. feel like the lad bantz and dad humour have come back with full force lately.

1 Like

Mmm… bokeh…

Could get one of those bits of cardboard to make the dots of light heart shaped.

:smiley:

I wish.

Basically it requires some background: the Business Centre is being refurbished here (it’s where the Library is, in addition to space for members to have meetings and work and stuff) and it’s due to be re-opening soon. They want it to have the feel of a ‘BA Lounge’ (jesus fucking christ) and in keeping with that, not only are they having a “meet and greet” front of house person there (they already wear standard issue suits and dresses), they’re having one of us lot down there as well (good) but we’ve been told we have to wear one of these suits as well. We’ve not been consulted or asked about it at all and its now got to the stage where I’ve had 2 phonecalls today about being measured.

My colleague and I went to HR on Friday and it was almost like they’d been prepped about what to say. Nothing about contracts / rights (in fairness we were playing the deprofessionalisation card rather than anything else). We’ve spoken to our line manager about it today who also thinks its insane (she doesn’t have to wear one as she won’t be on the rota which requires us to be present in the Library) but we’re really unsure about what we can do other than refuse to do that bit of the job which requires being present in the actual library.

1 Like

Oh right. This sounds crappy as fuck. The front of our office has almost all women behind the desks to welcome visitors. They are all wearing the same colour every day and the dresses are similar styles although I don’t think they are identical. I find it really unsettling. It’s not like they match any other colour in the building lobby and they’re sitting behind a fucking desk, you’re not going to mistake them for a member of the public.

Occasionally if you leave early enough one of them has to stand by the doors saying goodbye to people leaving. NGNGNGNG

Interestingly the people who stand by the gates where your workpass should open (but probably fails 1-2% of the time) are all dressed in black suits with trousers, regardless of gender.

I think @xylo would love you to start the first thread.

Can you wear the uniform just when you’re in the library or would that be pretty much every day anyway?

I would be kind of pissed off that they’re trying to make you look like receptionists! Not that there is anything wrong with that but theres a reason why front of house people wear uniforms like that. Having other staff milling about in the same (or similar? is it different?) is just a bit weird!

Yeah – we only have to wear it when we’re sat at the desk in the actual Library (our office has been moved upstairs away from it) but due to numerous staff changes and everyone being really wishy-washy about what’s actually gonna happen when we’re back open, we don’t know how the rotas will work.

i bought a rubber hammer

Do you have to hammer much rubber?

I was going to do one one if your cock is bigger than your dad’s but I wanted to be inclusive and thought it might be a bit creepy getting people to compare their flanges to their mum’s.

1 Like