Nothing happening but transfers football thread

can we post random but interesting old football videos? Love this one - copa del rey final in 1984. the wild tackling in particular, but then the fracas that begins around 5:45, and the simple message that flashes across the screen at 9:05 ‘FINAL DE ESCANDALO’

1 Like

everyone would go to china

would be very weird but i’d kinda love to see it

A rolling sports news channel could quite easily be really good, but Sky Sports News is essentially a fifteen-minute loop of transfer rumours. If they covered a wider range of sports, and used their sway to get interesting stories, and cut the preening presenters and all the fucking bright colours i’d probably never make it to work.

2 Likes

who would you rather have

• Jesus
  • M’Bappe

0 voters

As in Christ?

1 Like

1 Like

Neither Mbappe or Neymar will happen this summer I don’t reckon. After the 17/18 World Cup would make most sense for Real

Correction - 25% JESUS

M’Bappe. But only just. Think Jesus is going to turn out to be a ludicrous steal for less than £30m. Probably have £100mio+ pricetags flying around him by the end of the season.

3 Likes

They’re both in that very rare bracket of teenagers you can see play for 5 minutes and know that only a bad injury or attitude will stop them from being one of the best players in the world.
7 in 10 for city and 5 in 7 for Brazil. Not bad

1 Like

Oh jesus is 20 now but still

I’m pretty sure you could interchange players between Stoke and Burnley and no one would notice.

1 Like

Daniel Levy does have a point.

But then I remembered he paid £30 million for Sissoko.

1 Like

Probably Newcastle’s greatest ever piece of transfer business.

So looks like Kennedy has managed to single-handedly ruin Chelsea’s hopes of cracking the Chinese market in 2 snapchat posts, which is hilarious (and kind of poetic irony given the history of their support)

Sounding like City have had a bid for Mbappe accepted…

Similarly, Jose Mourinho has claimed some clubs are paying “too much” to sign players and are creating a “very strange and out-of-control” transfer market.

#nottheonion

3 Likes

I’d be inclined to argue Andy Carroll was a more effective player for Newcastle - Sissoko’s transfer fee seemed inflated more by his performances for France.

4 Likes