Nothing happening but transfers football thread

Good ol’ Ross. He’s frustrating, but he does have quality. I’d back Poch to get a little more out of him. Spurs have a lot of games next season.

No idea about the laws but the implementation is shit. When they tested it in the A-League, an Aussie team got a penalty by asking for a VAR, then a few minutes later a Wellington player was fouled, team and crowd howling for a replay - nothing. (Same old Aussies, always cheating).

1 Like

Would he go Spurs tho? Theyve got Alli and Dembele

Pickford diligently chipping flint off that 30 mill rock face all the time here.

Marginally better I reckon, at least Barkley is home grown unlike the ol Frenchman Delph

Didn’t want to sign him either tbf

From a few days ago:

Latest news on Will Hughes to Watford suggests that it’s a done deal… £4.5M + add-ons up to £7M.
Not happy if that’s what it turns out to be.

How come there are far more recognisable players in the England U19 squad than the U21s? What’s going on with that?

ik heb ineens een gevoel dat we in de halve finale gaan komen. Met eh balbezit voor Frank de Boer Frank de Boer speelt de bal, heel goed naar Dennis Bergkamp. Dennis Bergkamp, Dennis Bergkamp neemt de bal aan DENNIS BERGKAMP, DENNIS BERGKAMP, DENNIS BERGKAMP, DENNIS BERGKAMP, DENNIS BERGKAMP, ARHHHGHHHH Frank de Boer speelt de bal naar Dennis Bergkamp, die neemt hem feilloos aan en schiet hem er gewoon in. We spelen officieel nog 20 seconden DENNIS BERGKAMP

7 Likes

Very anecdotal this, guys, but PES 3 cover star Pierluigi Collina was hanging out in my office this week. Held a door open for a guy yesterday and thought “that man looked a ringer for Pierluigi Collina”, though quickly discarded the thought as why the fuck would Pierluigi Collina be hanging out in my office. I’ve now been reliably informed that it was, in fact, Pierluigi Collina.

6 Likes

Brilliant news about Orient

1 Like

We seem to be focussing more on the other age groups now, used to just be u18 and u21 the fa gave a shit about it seemed

** Francesco Bruschetta

Hilarious that we might actually have an actual chance of actually signing Kylian Mbappé, and that the sole reason for this is that Arsene Wenger is still our manager. We’d probably win the league, you know. And also become bankrupt.

(still doesn’t excuse the fact we should have signed him last summer but bottled it big-time)

He basically said he wants to play for Real or Barcelona before 21 but would consider arsenal as an intermediary. A lot of risk to take on for a player who doesn’t want to stay there even a few years

1 Like

City have been asking for 25 million for the Hartmeister?!

I think they’d do well to get 10-15 million for him tbh.

Which is madness really isn’t it. The inversion of the market when a big club sells compared to when a smaller club does is pretty nuts (it’s not a bad thing obvs) but Pickford going for £30m while England’s literal number one needs his price dropped to half of that is a bit weird.

Was just about to post this exact point.

Would love to see Hart go abroad again, if the possibility was there, to improve / expand his game rather than go to someone like West Ham.

I mean, hot take, but I don’t think being the England goalkeeper counts for much. If Cech went to Arsenal for 10 million (okay, we were doing him a favour with that one, but he was still a far better keeper than Hart), then I don’t think 10-15 is unreasonable. 25 certainly is.