Nothing happening but transfers football thread

Security weren’t sure Wilfried was who he said he was when Cote D’Ivoire turned up for the 2022 world cup, but luckily Zaha Had id

4 Likes

3 Likes

This is a sloppy, friday afternoon effort and I’m not proud of myself

1 Like

what a shower :')

From a purely footballing standpoint, I do wonder how well Ronaldo would do elsewhere now he’s a pure number 9. Probably at his best for a few years because he’s distilled his game just to supreme movement in the box and finishing. Basically an entirely different footballer to the one Man U sold in 2010.

Think he was so good for Madrid this season because of how good the service was from Modric, Marcelo, Isco, etc. It’d be interesting to see how he’d fare with lesser quality service. Think he’d actually do pretty well at Man U, if you imagine him in Ibra’s role from last season, with a few better conversation rate

(maybe the most reprehensible sportsman on the planet, like, if that needs adding)

1 Like

[redacted - don’t want to know]

Joe Hart’s going to Arsenal.

Cech demoted to Cups 'keeper.

I didn’t realise until this morning that Ade Boothroyd was under-21s manager.

Almost as silly as Gareth Southgate being the senior manager…

So whilst I’ve been on my holibobs we’ve gone from being heavily rumoured to be getting rodriguez, griezmann and fabinho for a shade over 200m to dier, perisic and morata for a shade under? (and ronaldo for 1bn)

Though we must have anticipated Griezmann falling through, seems the summer isn’t going to plan so far. And while Ronaldo’s throwing his toys out of the pram, Madrid are less inclined to sell us Morata. Probably end up signing Sanogo on deadline day.

• Chelsea in crisis?
  • Slow news week?

0 voters

Slow football week, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

CONFED CUP TONIGHT MATE

looks at fixtures oh…

2 Likes

Are we having dedicated posters to update us on the likelihood of ConfedCupDingers?

I don’t want to be involved but I would enjoy other people doing it.*

*much the way I imagine teams in the Confed Cup feel.

4 Likes

Hoping a prem club sign up Gianluigi Donnarumma so the papers can use the headline:

Donna Rumma - I feel glove

6 Likes

the dinger is on tomorrow, and I will be on standby with the klaxon.

1 Like

7 Likes

I will be watching today’s game. I do not expect any dings to be hummed.

Who’s showing it? Might stick it on at work