Nothing happening but transfers football thread

I daren’t mention Robbie Fowler, but obviously I loved him.

4 Likes

Shortly before they passed away someone asked Thierry henry, Luis suarez, Sergio aguero and robbie fowler (?) How it felt to be the premier league’s greatest ever player. In unison, and without hesitation , they replied 'we’re sorry, we wouldn’t know. You’re going to have to ask Victor Moses ’

10 Likes

One night in 2017, a handful of drownedinsound legends gathered for a dinner in a Qarabağ house.

As the night wore on, the conversation inevitably turned to ‘who was the greatest Premiership footballer of all time?’

Instantly, the great Big Lad Bugduv chose a player who had come close, but never won the PFA Players’ Player of the Year, or even a reached a champions league final.

“David Silva” Bugduv announced, “He was definitely better than champions league winning, 2 time premiership golden boot winner, Didier Drogba.”

The room went silent, Tony wearing a 1997-98 Paul Scholes United shirt nodded his head in agreement, and the matter was settled.

6 Likes

Heh.

…but by your logic Teddy Sheringham shits all over Didier.

4 Likes

we’ve sold Jacob Murphy to Newcastle for 12.5million. Cheers lads

Are any of you Dulwich Hamlet lot going to the Whyteleafe v Dulwich Hamlet preseason friendly? It’s literally 10 minutes from my house, so i might pop along, maybe.

Is he any good? He turned up down apparently as he supports Newcastle and only wanted to join them.

Also, we’ve signed this chap from Ajax for £7.9 million.

I remember listening to that match when it happened. Eight minutes and the match was over:

2 Likes

Sheringham only won the boot once. He was pretty good though, thinking about it.

Dulwich is the farthest I’ll go for Dulwich games.

1 Like

yeah he is a newcastle (despite being born in London and coming up through Norwich academy).

He was very good for us last year, and he has always shown lots of potential, but it was his first season as a starter so it’s a big risk for that money as he’s not yet proven at Premier League level. He could be exactly what they need, but it’s way to early to tell.

Good luck to him all the same, twitter is mostly Norwich fans going “cheers for the money” and newcastle fans going “who?”

1 Like

Prominent players…

…Danny Mills

:expressionless:

(Henry <3 though )

1 Like

Fond memories of Whyteleafe and the Ryman League Cup Final two years ago against Grays. Lovely ground in a lovely setting and a good selection of railway stations to choose from.

1 Like

If we all decide to get real for a bit it’s obviously Henry innit. Ronaldo and Suarez each had one ridiculously good season above any one Henry year, but he was consistently brilliant for 6 years, you’d have to be very needy indeed to suggest its anyone else

4 Likes

There’s now an award winning real ale and cider micro pub in Whyteleafe too, if you’re into that sort of thing.

1 Like

Wouldnt say him myself but the lack of mentions for Shearer is surprising

Incredibly good sticker of it into the onion bag but didn’t have the awe-inspiring spontaneous genius of those mentioned imo. Incredible that fowler got a mention before him though aye

from wikipedia:

Fowler scored more than 30 goals for three consecutive seasons, up to 1997. He remains the only player to have scored 30 plus goals in his first three full seasons in England scoring 98 goals with a total of 116 in 3 and a half years, something which has also yet to be beaten in La Liga, Seria A and the Bundesliga

absolutely ludicrous

7 Likes

Best premiership player was obviously Henrik Larsson, even though he only graced your presence for a few months, several years after his peak. What a man. Can’t even think about him without grinning.

1 Like

v.happy with the Jacob Murphy signing - think he’s really promising :crossed_fingers: