Noticed people saying “The word ‘(insert word here)’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting” recently

Wonder why.

Is that word “crane”?

This thread has real ‘Noticed people saying “The word ‘(insert word here)’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting” recently’ energy.

2 Likes

The word ‘people’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting here

1 Like

Yes someone on here used this yesterday

Was going to go for “wonder” myself

Maybe it was the day before

why yes, i have been working out. nice of you to notice.

1 Like

Sup japes

2 Likes

Seen it on twitter too

I think people use it to help them “win” an argument

1 Like

Lol you got ratiod!! END OF.

What does ratiod mean?

Dunno. I see the Lagos football twitter lot use it a lot when they’re winning arguments about net spend or transfers or whatever

1 Like

I’m screaming

2 Likes

Yeah Man Utd pidgin followed me on twitter for some reason so I followed them back and people use it all the time there. I thought ratioed meant when an original tweet got more likes than comments but seems that’s not the case

I got sucked in once when load of nobs were banging on about who’s the best by saying “yknow there’s literally a league table” and oh boy did I get ratiod and screaming and end of’d

1 Like

Heavy lifting is right in my wheelhouse

Impossible to guage effort other than through the lens of abstracted labour, particularly physical that seems more ‘authentic’

1 Like

Weirdly enough, I noticed that people had stopped using “The word ‘(insert word here)’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting” about a year or so ago.