Nottinghamshire Police reveal the secret terms teenagers are using online - How many do you know?

I, anal

8 Likes

I actually am, but Iā€™m going to start using this acronym as much as possible now. Might have it as my email sign off.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a lawyer but I work in a legal firm. At least itā€™ll be accurate if I sign off with anal

3 Likes

Think a @mods should definitely make that your subtitle.

If firms started signing off all emails with anal it wouldnā€™t exactly be inaccurate

I think it would solve a lot of my problems ATM

2 Likes

I still havenā€™t come up with a good acronym for ā€œtechnically the legal services act says Iā€™m a lawyer, but for all practical purposes Iā€™m really not, unless you need help with patents and possibly other areas of IP law in a pinchā€.

TTLSASIALBFAPPIRNUYNHWPAPOAOIPLIAPWJO

4 Likes

Just give em a bit of ANAL

Thatā€™s your answer to everything.

1 Like

Honestly itā€™s really amusing me. Might make the crossover into irl chat

1 Like

HT or H/T is ā€˜hat tip,ā€™ no?

1 Like

I thought that whole thing came from the US? I always see people from there saying ā€˜I am a lawyer, but I am not your lawyer and this is not legal adviceā€™ - as a requirement apparently. And then Iā€™d assumed the IANAL was from people picking up on thatā€¦

First place I saw it in regular use was on Slashdot about 20 years ago where tech nerds kept arguing about the legal status of things.

I had to stop posting on Slashdot because you get extremely harshly moderated for knowing what youā€™re talking about wrt patents and stuff.

Rio Ferdinand is shocked at the definition of merked

1 Like

IM

• Honest
  • HUMBLE.

0 voters

O

As we all know, Apple successfully PATENTED the use of round corners IN EVERYTHING.

2 Likes

Genuinely didnt spot this when i repeated it

Sorry

are teens really saying bye felicia, that film came out 25 years ago

I know several real teen-agersā„¢ and they do say this

1 Like