November 2021 General UK Politics

lol

Only the Lib Dems can win here

Same overall narrative of Tories falling and Labour not capitalising isnā€™t it, just instead of a Green gain you get Lib Dem and Independent - indicating itā€™s a middle class poll, but the same story.

3 Likes

Will be interesting* to see the impact of the last couple of days tabloid attacks, which wonā€™t have affected this one.

I think itā€™s likely that there have been quite a few Con>Lab and Con>LibDem switchers, but itā€™s offset by Lab>Green movement and a softening in potential turnout amongst Con and Lab voters.

1 Like

Thereā€™s probably a fair amount of hard righters whoā€™ll default to not voting at all now too

Is putting timelines right to left a thing now? What gives?

2 Likes
      ^
      |
 %    |
      |
      ------------------------- >
             age of poll
1 Like

Thatā€™s an explanation, but I donā€™t accept it as a justification. People assume that most recent data is on the right.

1 Like

Oh I completely agree, itā€™s a joke

1 Like

lol I appear to be having a sense of humour bypass. Thatā€™s what going in the Covid threads does for youā€¦

2 Likes

I prefer it when they stack columns.

1 Like

Man, this kind of partisan behaviour is awful, and Soubry is right to be calling it out in such a -

Soubry said she understood the public appointments system because she was involved in picking candidates during the David Cameron-led governments. The policy then was ā€œif [candidates] were supporters of the Labour party they would not be appointedā€, she said.

Ah. Neverthelessā€¦

2 Likes

Geoffrey Cox continues to be in trouble, you do like to hear it.

Tory vice chair has quit.

Probably good for them to distance themselves from vice at this time

1 Like

Your thoughts on this are gripping.

4 Likes

Second one is wild, doing puff pieces for a horrible industry in exchange for entry to an event they could probably afford just to pay to go to anyway. These people.

1 Like

Iā€™, not sure how much political capital there is in pushing the second one, as itā€™s not limited to Conservatives, either, as weā€™ve seen Michael Dugher, Tom Watson and their pal Kevin Schofield walk through the revolving door between Westminster and the BGC.

And itā€™s not like itā€™s only limited to former MPs and lobby hacks, either:

Kinda weird that that guy feels the need to declare the name of his daughter as part of the story.