November Politics Thread: Countdown To The Lizard Cull

John Terry celebrating in his full kit with shin pads while suspended.

7 Likes

Including the motorway network on a list of the best things about Britain is absolutely an Alan Partridge quote, even if it is actually isn’t

3 Likes

Fucking massive cricket ball.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1192043145984380928

21 Likes

One good consequence of Corbs taking so much flak over the years is he’s turned into quite the counter puncher.

3 Likes

After a bitter legal dispute it turns out Tim Farron still owns the rights to the name of the Liberal Democrats, so they are now being forced to tour as Jo Swinson’s Liberal Democrats

47 Likes

Remember when the Tories did this with Theresa May in 2017 and it turned out she was a terrible campaigner?

1 Like

More likable

• Tim Farron
  • Jem Swashbuckle

0 voters

More credible

• Tim Farron
  • Jane Swapley

0 voters

I’m still trying to work out what Jo Swinson’s appeal actually is. I’m not sure if there is any. Making the campaign all about her (given that many if not most people don’t have a clue who she is yet) seems destined to end in an underwhelming result.

6 Likes

This really seems to imply that the best thing the Lib Dems have going for them is Jo Swanson’s personal popularity, which is a, er, bold gamble.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I don’t like Rachel Swindon, and the fact she’s from the right wing of the Libdems is pretty shite, but at the very least she’s not a homophobe, so one vote for Davidoff Cool Swarter.

4 Likes

Same shit that Clegg was peddling back in 2010 isn’t it? Giving it “I’m the credible alternative” and promising all manner of shit that can’t be delivered. People buy into it.

Yeah but Clegg managed to make it actually work, for various reasons. I cannot see what it is about Swinson that will allow her to do the same.

Careful - Labour’s manifesto hasn’t been released yet.

Good, now let’s get him kicked out of his seat. @Ruffers can you sort this one?

4 Likes

You’re right. My guess is that they did well in the European elections and they reckon they’ll carry that momentum and take seats off both the main parties? Honestly idk either :man_shrugging:t2:

I was just about to post this, great news - can’t see a confirmation yet that Ross England has been removed from his candidacy but that must be coming

EDIT - Oh, he was last week, carry on

This is someone else no or should I break out the wolfcastle gif

2 Likes

Calculation I guess is that ‘adopt an aggressive pro-Remain stance and watch the votes roll in’. I mean they tried that in 2017 and both Conservatives AND Labour were unambiguously Leave parties in that election. And it didn’t work because they had a weirdo as leader who didn’t attract the votes of left-leaning remainers who were quite into Labour’s wider policy offering. Same sort of thing is probably going to happen this time round (although not to the same extent).

1 Like

That’s my constituency as it happens. Nice of him to make our job a bit easier. Much obliged, Alun.

3 Likes