Now 100

Out in July. Pretty sure Nostradamus said something about this.

Always said I was gonna get this one. What was the last Now album you got? Mine was ‘39’

Can’t belive its been 100 years since the first one came out!

Mental.

Last one I got: 42

Best one I owned: 32

Now 7 was my first. It was a double LP.

Now 8 I got on CD. Perhaps that was the first Now on CD.

Now 10 was my last. It was brilliant. It’s was a double CD. It’s my favourite if the three i own. It came out in 1987. (Yes, I’m old.)

I reckon 32 is renowned for being the best aye

First one I got was Now 4, on vinyl. Still have it somewhere.

First one was Now 25, good remix of Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury if I remember right (I definitely don’t).

Best was probably 26, Boom Shake The Room and Creep on the same cassette?! What a time to be alive.

I only ever had the 1st on on double cassette for Xmas in '83 along with a Sony Walkman.

ah, chunky double cassette nostalgia, the best kind :slight_smile:

1. Strange mix of boy/girl bands and britpop stuff IIRC.

reckon thats gotta have some cheryl crow on it.

Just looked up the track list for Now 25, I remember getting it to listen to in the car journey to Norfolk for a family holiday. I think I chose it because I liked Queen and there was the live version of Somebody To Love with George Michael and the Freddie Mercury song. Why didn’t my parents just buy me a Queen tape? I really distinctly recall how depressing I found that Four Non Blondes song (although would definitely smash at karaoke now) and how little I liked all the rest of the music on there which also makes me wonder why I gave the series another chance and asked for 26 for Christmas that year? Although that decision clearly paid off because it’s essentially wall to wall bangers. Nine is a funny age isn’t it.

|16.|“Laid”|James|2:37|
|17.|“Distant Sun”|Crowded House|3:49|
|18.|“Creep”|Radiohead|3:56|
|19.|“I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)”|Meat Loaf|5:17|

Yes!!

Absolutely adore Distant Sun. TBF the whole back half of Together Alone is wonderful.

I never owned now 35 and always wanted a copy of it.

Just looked at the track listing for 27 which I think was the last one I had. How did this sweet run pass me by?! I’ve made car playlists which look like this.

(Don’t @ me Smashing Pumpkins nerds)

They had a lot of time for Meatloaf.

After the Now series I think I moved on to the Best Album In The World…Ever! Compilations which have held up and could easily be a standard indie club night playlist now.