Now i’m 40, can I still wear band t-shirts?

Isn’t it the kind of thing men start doing when they hit 40?

Often feel compelled to buy them off merch tables, never end up wearing them. Last one was a Shabazz Palaces T that pretty much went straight to a charity shop that I then saw someone wearing outside my tube station.

8 Likes

blink 182 are in their forties and wear big shorts still

3 Likes

Do you think that’s because old men feel the need to publicly state their affiliations*, or do you think that’s just the way that fashion has determined things?

*44, and wearing a Kodak tee shirt, as it happens

Do what you want mate

2 Likes

I haven’t worn anything other than plain for a long time and I’m 23.

3 Likes

As long as it doesn’t hurt others!!!

1 Like

Yeah that’s true.

1 Like

But tour dates on tees was a MUCH bigger thing back in the 90s. I reckon bands today print them without dates so that they can carry on selling them once the tour is done, and print up a bigger run at a lower per unit cost.

That’s why I stopped wearing my razor blade vest when I was on the hugging circuit.

*Razorlight vest
*Gigging circuit

I heard on the radio that Razorlight are making a comeback. YES!!!

I wonder simply wear a hat?

1 Like

I just think the dates thing make the t-shirt into an “I WAS THERE” statement and I think they’ve become more about design

I secretly don’t think anyone should wear band t-shirts because they always look terrible. shhh.

what other kind of tshirt is there

11 Likes

I’m 40 and would wear my band tshirt but the only one I have left my pal stole for a joke and took it to Chile.

how is everyone so old? I remember being hounded off these boards* for being in my 30s.

*I never came back

2 Likes

Better ones

5 Likes

Owned no t-shirts that weren’t band t-shirts in my early 20s. I still have a few I’ve bought recently that I wear regularly because I like the design a lot but I’ve also incorporated a lot more stripey t-shirts into my wardrobe.

I’m still much younger than you lads though