NUMTOTs 🚌 🚋 🚄 🚴‍♀️

Just thought it was time for a thread for people that are public-transport nerds who love to do what they can to not drive to work, and couldn’t find a thread like that yet, so thought I’d make a New Urbanist Memes for Transit-Oriented Teens thread; not sure why, it just seemed a good idea and I’m having a slow day.

Are there any NUMTOTs on DiS? Do you find yourself making a hypothetical subway system for the city/town/village/hamlet where you live on that website that lets you make metro systems? Maybe you cycle to work and get involved in critical mass bike rides, which apparently makes you a scourge of the streets!

I don’t ride a bike to work, but I do have to get two buses every morning, and take great pleasure in trying to work out possible alternative routes that I could hypothetically take to work.

1 Like

^that sounds amazing

Ride to work every day (obviously). Don’t know what I would do with myself if circumstances changed and I had get to work a different way. The trains are overcrowded and uncomfortable and a bus takes a trillion years from Catford to the City (public transport is :100: though). Cycling takes ~40 minutes door to door, I’m getting “free” me time, saving money, and maintaining my physical and mental health (and the added bonus is making the environment better for everyone to enjoy, I guess, though I rarely think of that as a reason why I cycle).

Can’t believe Channel 5 made that programme. I was extra vigilant on my way in today :worried:

7 Likes

There’s also this one, which I’ve not seen before but looks alright - might have a play with it later on, though…

http://beno.uk/metromapcreator/

5 Likes

omg

3 Likes

Love this stuff

4 Likes

zGHQb4O

3 Likes

NUMTOTS sounds like a horrible epidemic facing our children :frowning:

1 Like

6 Likes

That’s my night shift sorted then…

Ironic when that’s actually air pollution

I consume, rather than create NUMTOTs.

This is one of my most read sites (not for NUMTOTs, but for transport/transit things in general)

1 Like

This thread is a good place to leave this. I, for one, think that there isn’t nearly enough monorail systems these days

2 Likes

I hear those things are awfully loud.

4 Likes

I love trains

1 Like

I fucking hate public transport.

GET OUT MAH THREAD

2 Likes

and yet I still belong here…

1 Like

I forgot to mention Jarrett Walker’s blog, too

Finished!

6 Likes

Really hope I get to go on the Metro in Athens when I’m there on Friday.

1 Like