NYE - Plans, Fans? Etc

Just as I thought…

1 Like

Please don’t judge me but I’m going to that 80’s power ballad night (at the DOME, ffs) and I am really looking forward to it :flushed:

For a solid few years me and my best mates would always have a small but hilarious party, but in the past couple of years most have gotten married and now have other commitments which is a shame. So, power ballads it is!

2 Likes

I can get behind this tbh.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love how everyone’s finally admitted that Peckham is the best place in London.

3 Likes

Going to a party in Dorset. Could very well be shite.

Going to the local Thai place for a meal then the local boozer after that. Tucked up in bed by 1am

1 Like

One Irish tourist and one Welsh chancer. Not true Londoners, obviously.

10 Likes

I’m working all day on the 30th and 31st so by the time I finish I’ll probably just stay at work. There’s also a place at the end of the road that my bosses own which is pretty much a nightclub so I’ll flit between the two.

I’ve still never had better new years than new years I’ve had in Cornwall in a fishing village with lots of pubs ( sawdust in my shoes <3 ) fireworks on the beach and tonnes of people. Just remembered a few years ago when the pasty shop ran out and they were furiously baking pastys while everyone was outside chanting and having fun and then massive cheers when they opened the door again for more pastys.

4 Likes

In Edinburgh, any recommendations?

Get a preposterous amount of snacks and booze in the house and crack out the board games. Bed at 00:01.

3 Likes

Think we’re off to Nottingham to see a few pals who have a flat with a view of the fireworks. Drink drinks, eat cheese, mebbe play board games, go to bed at 1 or 2, wake up the next day after a terrible night’s sleep and dreading the stinky train back to Leeds.

1 Like

Not the best obviously but you don’t shit where you eat do you.

Chancer?!

think he meant ‘chaucer’.

resemblance is uncanny IMO.

4 Likes

I’m the one on the right, right?

2 Likes

Going to a friends gig at Mono in Glasgow, which I am hoping will be fairly relaxed but will see.

Not a huge fan of NYE but best two have been hanging out with current friend group in a cottage last year or going to that ATP Sonic Youth thing years ago.

2 Likes

you can add me as “Half-Scottish part-timer” to that list if you like, although I’m open to suggestions

1 Like

I did new years at mono a couple years ago, it was nice actually, there was also a free thing going on at 13th note that had a good line up so we were kinda jumping between the two like a mini-festival. Good night!

1 Like

I hear there’s a rather large street party but might be talking shite :wink:

i’m generally a big fan of NYE because I’m not that bothered about Xmas, but I do appreciate there’s a bit of a silly “pressure” surrounding the whole thing and not everyone is as enthusiastic as me.

I’ve in the past had varying degrees of success with it, but usually turns out a good night. This will be my first in Berlin which I was looking forward to until people told me “yeah New Years is a bit of a stressy warzone at New Years as everyone chucks fireworks at each other” so now I don’t know how to feel!

Got a couple pals over from Glasgow for the big one this year, and my TV has an old flatmate of hers over, so we’ve got the crew in place, just need to make a decision on what to do (preferably beforehand) and stick to it. There’s a house party that’s currently in the lead but we would need to travel across town which isn’t ideal.

Fuck it, I’m sure it will be a buzz, grab some fireworks and head out into battle.