Obnoxiously friendly packaging (rolling)

A thread for documenting packaging that is written like they are speaking to a small child

11 Likes

I realise this isn’t the point, but they haven’t actually explained what’s wrong with gums. Why shouldn’t I buy the one with gums in?

3 Likes

why have they censored “m*lk”?

8 Likes

I question that every time I see it

1 Like

I think because it’s almond milk, not dairy milk

6 Likes

I used to buy this cereal that made a big thing about being organic and said something like “[blah blah blah] no chemicals, which must be better for you”. Must it? Why?

1 Like

as dr epimer would say, everything is chemicals

14 Likes

the percentage of actual milk solids is not high enough to legally pass as ‘milk’, so they have to call it ‘malk’

hth

1 Like

5 Likes

Nuts & Cum

Haven’t used Gousto since I noticed that their packaging described their customer service team as ‘rock star’

1 Like

Having worked for them in the past, the way they treated their team was anything but. Condescending twats.

They’re not very good for your gut so I’d avoid them especially if you have something like crohns or UC

2 Likes

All this super friendly “don’t worry chums we’re a super friendly company doing good things” messaging so obnoxious.

1 Like

Good to know, but people with those conditions can read up on what ingredients they shouldn’t have and check ingredients lists. For everyone else, I’m assuming they can’t actually make the claim “gums are bad for you” because there’s probably no solid evidence to back that up, so they’re just implying it with vague fearmongering.

That’s another few weeks to the boycott then

I immediately thought of oat milk when I read the title of this thread

2 Likes

What year did this ultra-cringeworthy oh-so-cutesy Innocent Smoothie type blurb begin? I can’t remember any of it on food packaging as a child in the early 90s, and I was one of those kids who’d read the ingredients on everything. IIRC it was more like “This is a can of beans, now fuck off.”

7 Likes

Everything should be like the Canadian brand No Name

Product
Product en Francais
Fuck off
Va te faire foutre

12 Likes

That beetroot packaging is a bit busy for my taste. Love the rest though.

3 Likes