October 2018 Film DiScussion Thread

I’ve never seen The Right Stuff - just reading up on it now, and I’m going to have to rectify that.

I definitely recommend First Man.

Haven’t been to the cinema in ages. Seeing Tehran Taboo tonight.

Don’t do it James!

2 Likes
1 Like

watched Happy Anniversary which was good and funny and The Uninvited Guest which was good and not funny

Day 10 of 31 Days of Halloween: Teeth.

I don’t know where to start with this. The bit where the gyno gets his fingers munched off and starts yelling “IT’S TRUE!!! VAGINA DENTATA!” was so funny.

3 Likes

you should post these in the horror thread if you haven’t already. we’re friendlier in there

1 Like

Saw this trailer last night:

According to Wikipedia, it’s directed by Crispian Mills from Kula Shaker?!?

1 Like

He directed this too, by all accounts dreadful from start to finish.

1 Like

Yeah this is really good. Heavy going and the rotoscope animation takes a bit of adjusting to but it’s a very good film

1 Like

And made about £10 at the box office from what I recall.

What a wonderful phrase

5 Likes

course it is, Simon Pegg is in it

This isn’t good, Annapurna has made some great films over the last few years. Vice costing $60 million could finish it off!

Watched Mandy last night. I think I’d hyped it up too much? The first hour was so slow, second hour had its charms for sure and watching Cage lose his shit is never not fun, but it didn’t really do much for me

1 Like

A Star is Born - Yeah, Gaga is as amazing as everyone says she is and I liked it overall. Some weird time jumps that make it feel uneven (she gets popular insanely quickly and by doing very little??) but the majority of the songs were good too and it was shot quite beautifully.

Black '47 - Really liked this, perhaps a bit too simplistic in its storytelling (and ends quite suddenly?) but very well cast. Needed more Barry Keoghan but then, so does everything.

It really is.

It means no wiener, for the rest of your days

4 Likes

what the fuck

Yeah I was fine with it being slow given I expected to totally ramp up and go all out after, like a Mogwai song. But it never really happened and so I was retroactivly annoyed by the pacing when I didn’t get my pay off

1 Like